Summary: How does the first sin of humanity relate to and affect us today? 2nd in the series "Life Changing Bible Stories from God’s Word."
DOUBTING GOD¡¦S GOODNESS
In 1874, James Eads completed the first steel bridge in America. It spanned the Mississippi River at St. Louis, Missouri. No one believed that it would support its own weight.
Eads ordered 14 locomotives to stop on the bridge at the same time. The people then trusted the integrity of the bridge. But, its builder already had faith that it would stand and remain standing.
Guy who was getting married, had the ring in his hand and said: Sweetheart, I love you so much,
I want you to marry me. I don¡¦t have a car like Johnny green, I don¡¦t have a Yacht like him I don¡¦t have a house his size, I don¡¦t have the money of Johnny green But I love you with all my heart. She looked into his eyes and said I love you too, sweetheart, But could you tell me a little more about Johnny Green....
When we doubt the goodness of God, Several things happen:
I. WE WILL BELIEVE LIES ABOUT GOD. 3:1-5
A) Lies about His promises.
1) Positive---Sometimes it is very hard to believe that anything good can come out of our bad situations. Satan wants you to believe that God doesn¡¦t care. He wants you to believe that God has abandoned you so you may as well abandon Him.
2) Negative¡X¡§He doesn¡¦t really mean what He said.¡¨ ¡§You won¡¦t really die.¡¨ ¡§A loving God would not send anyone to hell.¡¨
B) Lies about His position.
1) ¡§God is just insecure about His power¡K¡KHe knows that if you eat of that fruit, you can become just as powerful as Him. You will become a god.¡¨
2) Ge de Purucker heretically says ¡§Though man is an invisible entity, he needs a physical body in which to live and with which to work upon this physical plane. He is a pilgrim of eternity. He came forth from the invisible part of cosmic being in aeons so far bygone in the past that mankind, except the great sages and seers, has lost all count thereof. He came out of the womb of cosmic being as an unself-conscious god-spark, and after wandering aeon after aeon through all the various inner worlds, passing at different stages through our own material sphere, and out again into the inner worlds, he finally became man, a self-conscious entity; and here we are. Future aeons of time will bring forth even on this our earth, into a far more perfect manifestation than at present, the locked-up faculties and powers existent in every human being; and in those days of the far distant future man will walk the earth a god, and he will walk this earth communing with his fellow gods, for he will then have brought forth the godlike powers now unevolved but nevertheless within his essence.
II. WE WILL OPEN THE AVENUES OF SIN. Vs. 6
A) I John 2:16-17 identifies the three avenues of sin.
1) Good for food---Lust of the Flesh
2) Pleasant to the eyes¡XLust of the eyes
3) To make one wise¡XPride of life
B) We will bring those around us down.¡X¡§She ate and gave to Adam.¡¨
Do we live so close to the Lord today, Passing to and fro on life¡¦s busy way, That the world in us can a likeness see To the Man of Calvary? Can the world see Jesus in me? Can the world see Jesus in you? Does your love to Him ring true, And your life and service, too? Can the world see Jesus in you?¡XSong lyrics ¡§Can others see Jesus in You?¡¨