Summary: This is the 15th sermon in the series "The End". This sermon is about the defeat of Satan in Revelation 12.
Sunday Evening, July 14, 2002 Bel Aire Baptist Church
Series: “The End” [#15]
DRAGON SLAYER (PART 2)
1. Last week we studied the four personalities of this chapter.
2. This evening we are going to look at the events of this chapter.
The War In Heaven
1. We see that as this battle goes on in Heaven between Michael and the angels versus Satan and the fallen angels that God’s angels win.
2. Satan and his angels are hurled to the earth. Imagine how furious Satan will be, because all of this time he has had access to the throne of God day and night to accuse believers; but now he will never enter Heaven again.
3. There is great rejoicing in Heaven over the fact that Satan can no longer enter Heaven and accuse believers.
The Sources Of Victory
The saints have overcome these accusations by the three sources of victory over the devil.
1. “They overcame him by the blood of the Lamb.”
2. “They overcame him… by the word of their testimony.”
3. “They did not love their lives so much as to shrink from death”.
Christians, if we will use these three sources in our life we will be victorious.
The War On Earth
1. Once Satan is expelled from Heaven, he will personally take command of the earth in its battle against the saved and the nation of Israel. The next verses tell us what he will do.
2. Remember the woman refers to the Nation of Israel. We find God supernaturally protecting the Nation of Israel for the last 3 ½ years of the Tribulation.
3. Satan will try to destroy Israel once and for all. It is hard to identify what the torrent will be. Let me give you the best three suggestions.
Satan will divert actual rivers and bodies of water into the desert, where Israel is being kept by God, and will try to drown the Israelites.
Satan will attempt to flood the Nation of Israel with false teachings.
Satan, through the Antichrist, will gather a great army of men and send them to kill the children of Israel. I believe this is the best suggestion because in verse 16 we find God swallowing the enemy up in the earth as in the days of the rebellion of Korah (Numbers 16). It is amazing to me the comparisons found at this time and the time of the exodus out of Egypt. Satan will still not give up.
1. I want to tell you that the great red dragon will be defeated for good, but until that time we must remember that we can only have victory over him through Jesus Christ.
2. We can see from tonight that Satan has a hatred for God’s people and will do anything he can to destroy us, yet God will provide for our needs and will protect us.
3. We need to be about taking lives from Satan by leading them to Jesus Christ before it is too late.