Summary: ❶ Dismal News ❷ Sad News ❸ Reflective News ❹ Biblical News ❺ Action News
❶ Dismal News
- Labor Department – In Nov. 533,000 jobs were lost – the most in any month since 1974.
- (Reuters Jan 7) - If the US Congress does not pass an economic stimulus plan soon the country will lose another 3 million jobs in 2009
- US News & World Report 1/7/09 - US government is now in debt over $10 trillion
- Each persons share of this debt is $34,844
- Interest rates keep going up
- Lower your debt as rates will keep going up
- Leap 2020 - A Global Europan Financial Anticipation Bulletin made up of Politicians, public servants, businessmen and investors
- A Global crisis – Predict a new tipping-point in March 2009:
- This is when the world becomes aware that this crisis is worse than the 1930s crisis
— Leap 2020 is predicting a US default on government debt sometime in the summer of 2009 It warns the present U.S. Dollar will stop being used and a new currency imposed. "Old dollars" will be devalued by ninety percent (90%)"
- Fri 1/9/09 - Merkel (German Chancellor) and Sarkozy (France President) call for a global ’economic security’ council not to be based on the US $
- We cry out we want the Lord to return
- These are the signs of His soon coming
❷ Sad News
- What do we do?
- Kirk Stephenson, 47 — Olivant (Investment comany) chief operating officer, made millions was married and had an eight-year-old son
Memorial Web Site
- His pursuits were summer villas all over Europe, parties, dinners and opera. A lover of fine wine and food, and luxury in general
- A dedicated father and a devoted husband, he valued his family above all else.
- He died in the path of a 100mph UK express train .
- He was troubled by the downturn of the economy
- Frenchmen Magon De la (veel-ou-SHAY) Villehuchet, 65
- He can trace his lineage to the French aristocracy, and he hobnobbed with members of European high society and sailed around the world on fancy yachts.
- Was chief executive of Credit Lyonnais Securities USA
- Involved in fraudulent interments (Bernie Madoff)
- It is believed he lost about $1.4 billion.
- Police said he locked the door of his Madison Avenue office and apparently swallowed sleeping pills and slashed his wrists with a box cutter,.
-Steven Good 52
Was an executive of one of the largest real estate companies in the U.S
- He has won numerous awards
- His company produced more than $10 billion in sales."
- He wrote a book called "Churches, Jails and Gold Mines...Mega-Deals from a Real Estate Maverick."
- (Maverick one who takes an independent stand & takes chances) - He was found dead Tuesday in an apparent self-inflicted gunshot wound inside his Jaguar in a forest reserve near Chicago
- Adolf Merckle 74
- German industrialist billionaire(worth an estimated $9.2 billion) was the world’s 94th-richest person in 2008 according to Forbes magazine, spent his life building a business conglomerate with about 100,000 employees.
- One insider said "Adolf Merckle collects companies like others collect stamps"
- He made wrong-way bets on skyrocketing Volkswagen shares and lost $539 million.