Summary: ❶ Dismal News ❷ Sad News ❸ Reflective News ❹ Biblical News ❺ Action News
❶ Dismal News
- Labor Department – In Nov. 533,000 jobs were lost – the most in any month since 1974.
- (Reuters Jan 7) - If the US Congress does not pass an economic stimulus plan soon the country will lose another 3 million jobs in 2009
- US News & World Report 1/7/09 - US government is now in debt over $10 trillion
- Each persons share of this debt is $34,844
- Interest rates keep going up
- Lower your debt as rates will keep going up
- Leap 2020 - A Global Europan Financial Anticipation Bulletin made up of Politicians, public servants, businessmen and investors
- A Global crisis – Predict a new tipping-point in March 2009:
- This is when the world becomes aware that this crisis is worse than the 1930s crisis
— Leap 2020 is predicting a US default on government debt sometime in the summer of 2009 It warns the present U.S. Dollar will stop being used and a new currency imposed. "Old dollars" will be devalued by ninety percent (90%)"
- Fri 1/9/09 - Merkel (German Chancellor) and Sarkozy (France President) call for a global ’economic security’ council not to be based on the US $
- We cry out we want the Lord to return
- These are the signs of His soon coming
❷ Sad News
- What do we do?
- Kirk Stephenson, 47 — Olivant (Investment comany) chief operating officer, made millions was married and had an eight-year-old son
Memorial Web Site
- His pursuits were summer villas all over Europe, parties, dinners and opera. A lover of fine wine and food, and luxury in general
- A dedicated father and a devoted husband, he valued his family above all else.
- He died in the path of a 100mph UK express train .
- He was troubled by the downturn of the economy
- Frenchmen Magon De la (veel-ou-SHAY) Villehuchet, 65
- He can trace his lineage to the French aristocracy, and he hobnobbed with members of European high society and sailed around the world on fancy yachts.
- Was chief executive of Credit Lyonnais Securities USA
- Involved in fraudulent interments (Bernie Madoff)
- It is believed he lost about $1.4 billion.
- Police said he locked the door of his Madison Avenue office and apparently swallowed sleeping pills and slashed his wrists with a box cutter,.
-Steven Good 52
Was an executive of one of the largest real estate companies in the U.S
- He has won numerous awards
- His company produced more than $10 billion in sales."
- He wrote a book called "Churches, Jails and Gold Mines...Mega-Deals from a Real Estate Maverick."
- (Maverick one who takes an independent stand & takes chances) - He was found dead Tuesday in an apparent self-inflicted gunshot wound inside his Jaguar in a forest reserve near Chicago
- Adolf Merckle 74
- German industrialist billionaire(worth an estimated $9.2 billion) was the world’s 94th-richest person in 2008 according to Forbes magazine, spent his life building a business conglomerate with about 100,000 employees.
- One insider said "Adolf Merckle collects companies like others collect stamps"
- He made wrong-way bets on skyrocketing Volkswagen shares and lost $539 million.
- Merkle on Monday threw himself in front of a train.
❸ Reflective News
- How is the health of our Spiritual Life
- Jesus asks question
Lk 18:5 .... when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth?
- Faith is continually being challenged to be demonstrated before our own selves
■ Faith moves a grave stone — Laz
39 Jesus said, Take ye away the stone. Martha, the sister of him that was dead, saith unto him, Lord, by this time he stinketh: for he hath been dead four days. 40 Jesus saith unto her, Said I not unto thee, that, if thou wouldest believe, thou shouldest see the glory of God? 41 Then they took away the stone from the place where the dead was laid. ......
■ Faith casts the net
5 And Simon answering said unto him, Master, we have toiled all the night, and have taken nothing: nevertheless at thy word I will let down the net.
■ Faith washes out the mud from the man born blind
7 And said unto him, Go, wash in the pool of Siloam, (which is by interpretation, Sent.) He went his way therefore, and washed, and came seeing.
- It is having God’s authority in everything
- It is reflected in our attitude about money
❹ Biblical News
- Baptism found in 40 v.
- Prayer is found in 275 v
- Faith 350 v.