Summary: Our ministry is depended on our effectiveness. Some instructions to improve our ministry to the needy in the community.
Minister effectively, Acts 3:1-7
1. Find a prayer partner. Acts 3:1 1 NOW PETER and John were going up to the temple at the hour of prayer, the ninth hour (three o’clock in the afternoon),
Jesus had Pater, John and James. Paul had a Silas,
This Cripples had too- but for the wrong purpose…
2. Get out of individualism. Acts. 3:1 not about me anyone it is “us” – look at us. In Gen. God said le “us”…
3. Find a particular time for God. Acts. 3:1 – ninth hour
Meeting place for God with you..
4. Be a person of faith. Acts 3:2 2 [When] a certain man crippled from his birth was being carried along, who was laid each day at that gate of the temple [which is] called Beautiful, so that he might beg for charitable gifts from those who entered the temple.
Without faith we cannot please God.
In Life Journey – Why we need faith ?
A. Challenges are inevitable. Those who avoid challenges will fail in life.
B. Challenges are unpredictable.
C. Challenges are temporary.
D. Challenges have a purpose.
How can I increase faith - “So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.” (Romans 10:17).
Hearing – how – listening- by attending meetings , CD,
Hearing – what – Word of God.
5. Look for the needy everywhere Acts. 3:2- where least expected. (at the gate of beautiful with an ugly problem.). you might find in the mall or restaurant, where ever we are there is a group of people who is in need of you.
Good Samaritan- Levi saw a problem and walked away, priests saw a problem and walked away- but Samaritan looked again – how can I help. There starts the ministry. …
Your calling lays where there is a need.. If God bring you somewhere and there is a need , it is your presence and your ministry will make an impact there.
6. Reach out to the needy Acts 3:7 7 Then he took hold of the man’s right hand with a firm grip and raised him up. And at once his feet and ankle bones became strong and steady,
Lift them with your hand, lift them with your finances, lift them with your words, lift them with your presence. There are crippled in the community.
Send me a note by visiting www.qcog.org or www.lighthouseinternational.info