Summary: This message is designed to inspire you to take a look at how special you are to God and raise your awareness to the times when He gives you opportunities to shine for Him.
Embracing Christ - Part 1
Text: John 15:16
Jesus Christ, the Head of the Church, said, “I want you to represent me on the earth.” Think of how precious and awesome that is that – that God, who created all things including man, would choose us to represent Him on earth!
Question: Why would God choose you?
Answer: Because He sees something in you!
This message is designed to inspire you to take a look at how special you are to God and raise your awareness to the times when He gives you opportunities to shine for Him.
I. God Wants You – We live in an era unlike any other in the history of mankind. There is such opportunity for spreading the life-changing gospel of Jesus Christ! So many doors have been thrown open worldwide! But... in America, this message is just as needed. Our lives must be a witness that Jesus Christ indeed makes a positive difference.
A. You must be a child of God – You must have a relationship with the creator of the universe.
1. You need to see Him answering your prayers.
2. You need to experience his mighty peace.
3. You need to hear His gentle voice telling you what to do with your life.
4. You need to know Him, seek Him, depend on Him, to be afraid to turn away from Him.
5. You need to know that He is your only source.
B. He wants your willingness – God wants you to want to serve Him.
1. God has a great plan for your life and it’s not for you to sit around and be satisfied with a life of mediocrity.
2. God has more... for you!
3. God wants you to be willing to get out there and change lives, to make your world a better place.
• There is no greater testimony to unsaved people than a changed life for which there is no natural explanation!
4. God wants to have communication with you, to hear your praise and worship towards Him.
5. He has built within you a yearning for Him and if you will respond to it you won’t be disappointed.
C. God wants us to show the world the way – He is still calling people to be great gospel preachers, to carry the gospel message to far away lands as missionaries and to touch our neighbors with His love.
1. With the insecurities of the national economies around the globe, the rising cost of living and the impending disasters of spectacular proportions that people are experiencing everywhere, people are searching for answers.
a. They are hungering and thirsting after truth.
b. They want a lifestyle that works
c. They want answers
2. We know the only Way that works! – God wants us to help them find the One who can protect them and provide for them when nothing else is working.
Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life:
no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
II. Making Jesus Lord – He wants to be... you know. (Read Matthew 16:13-20)
A. In Matthew chapter 16 Jesus was asking the disciples who men said that He was. (Verse 13 “...Whom do men say that I the Son of man am?”)
1. The fisherman, former tax collectors and religious zealots who made up His disciples answered according to what they had been hearing other people say.