Summary: What we must add to our faith to deal with an apostate culture
“Enduring Faith” #1
In an age of ever-increasing apostasy, we have several books in the Bible written to help us with what Jesus called the great falling away.
1. Durable: able to withstand wear, pressure or damage from this culture.
2. Stable: not likely to give way or be overturned by cultural philosophy.
3. Persistent: firmly on course of action in spite of the evil influences in society.
God’s Divine Power of Salvation
1. It’s Participating in His divine nature. I.E. Cultural awareness, attitude, with knowledge awareness of the Kingdom.
2. It’s Escaping the evil desires of the apostasy, through the knowledge, goodness of God’s glory.
“Goodness or Virtue” is the determination to do right.
“Knowledge” is knowledge of God's word because it is the only source which tells what is right.
“Self-control” is the application of that knowledge in your life by using the Holy Spirit to govern your thoughts and actions.
“Perseverance” steadfast to the Lord and His cause.
“Godliness” is being like God, as He would have you to be.
“Brotherly kindness” is tender affection toward brethren in Christ.
“Love” is devotion to God and your fellowman through the power of the Holy Spirit.
1. Is nearsighted, unable to see things unless they are right on top of you.
2. Is blind to the insight of God and his Kingdom.
3. Is forgetting God’s cleansing power.
Enduring Faith & Kingdom Realities
1. Keeps your confident in God’s ability.
2. Protects you from falsehood and stumbling.
3. Helps you see the Kingdom of God and enter into it. John 3:3 & 5