Summary: Jesus said the only way to enter the kingdom is through being born of the water and of the Spirit (John 3:3-5). But what is the kingdom? It is the church (Matthew 16:18-19). Well, does the Lord have two ways for one to enter the church?
ENTERING THE CHURCH
A. Some Things Are Expensive But Are Not Really Valuable— Like A Yacht.
Some Things Are Inexpensive But Very Valuable— Sunshine Or Rain.
Some Things Are Very Expensive And Are Very Valuable— Christ Church!
B. Consider The Value Of The Church.
1. It Was Planned And Purpose In Heaven [Eph. 3:10-11].
2. It Cost Christ His Blood [Acts 20:28].
C. To Ignore The Church Would Be The Greatest Mistake A Person Could Make!
D. Understanding The Value Of The Church Should Make One Ask, “How Does One Enter The Church?”
1) THE ANSWER ANNOUNCED
A. Christ Was Very Clear And Definite His Mission For His Disciples When He Went Back To Heaven:
1. First, A Worldwide Charge: Matt. 29:18-20 “GO INTO ALL THE WORLD”
2. Second, A Specific Condition Upon Salvation: Mk. 16:16 “HE THAT BELIEVES AND IS BAPTIZED SHALL BE SAVED”
3. Third, A Stress Of Repentance: Luke 24:46-47 “REPENTANCE AND FORGIVENESS SHOULD BE PROCLAIMED IN HIS NAME
B. These Terms Constitute His Plan For Us To Enter The Church.
2) THE ANSWER AMPLIFIED
A. The Conditions Of Salvation Is Clear In The New Testament, It Is Also Illustrated.
B. First Example: Acts 2:36-38, 41, 47 “WHAT MUST WE DO?” --- “REPENT AND BE BAPTIZED”
C. Second Example: Acts 8:35-36 “WHAT HINDERS ME FROM BEING BAPTIZED?” --- “WENT DOWN INTO THE WATER”
D. But Why? Conditions Given By Jesus!
3) THE ANSWER APPLIED
A. These Terms Of Entrance Into The Church Must Be Applied To Each Of Us Today!
1. The Commission Of Jesus Has Not Changed.
2. It Is The Same Today As It Was When It Was Given!
B. Where Are You In Respect To These Terms Of Entrance?
1. Do You BELIEVE Jesus Is The Son Of God?
2. Have You REPENTED Of Your Sins [Acts 17:30-31]
3. Have You Publicly CONFESSED With Your Lips Jesus Is The Christ? [Rom. 10:10]
4. Have You Been BAPTIZED Into Christ?
a. For The REMISSION Of Your Sins?
b. To Be Added To The Body Of Christ!
C. One Must Not Explain Away The Terms The Lord Has Left Us.
1. We Must Not Permit Any Substitution.
2. Our Commitment Must Be To Christ!
A. The Greatest News Is To Enter Into The Church Of Our Lord And Have Our Sins Forgiven!
B. The Church Is For All NATIONS, RACES And PEOPLE.
C. Christ Church Will Have No Real Value To You If You Do Not Enter Into It!