Summary: We are destined to go to a place where everything is new, not just recycled.
“EVERYTHING IS NEW”
April 13, 2008
Warden Assembly of God
Pastor John L. Harper
INTRODUCTION: When we came to Christ we were promised that all things are new speaking of our destiny. Our destiny will be complete when we see the New Heaven and the New Earth, and we have new bodies to enjoy for all of eternity. Have you prepared where you will spend eternity? You will either spend eternity in the Holy City or in the Lake of Fire.
I. THE DECLARATION OF THE CITY(VS. 1-8)
A. Passing away of the old
1. New heaven
(Heb. 1:11-12)11They shall perish; but thou remainest; and they all shall wax old as doth a garment; 12And as a vesture shalt thou fold them up, and they shall be changed: but thou art the same, and thy years shall not fail.
10But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.
2. New earth
3. No sea
• No evil will be found in this new city
• No more barriers of communication with God
B. Preparation of the bride
1. She is ready for the bride groom
2. She is dressed radiantly
3. She is prepared to meet the bride groom
C. Prohibition of pain and suffering
1. There will be no more pain of separation from God (He will pitch His tent of provision, protection and prosperity over His people)
(John 1:14) 14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.
2. There will be no more tears
3. There will be no more death
(John 11:23-25) 23Jesus saith unto her, Thy brother shall rise again. 24Martha saith unto him, I know that he shall rise again in the resurrection at the last day. 25Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:
4. There will be no more sorrow
5. There will be no more crying
6. There will be no more pain (this is former, and is passed away)
D. Provision of the new things (new in quality)
1. Water of Life for those who thirst
2. Full inheritance to the over comer
3. Unbroken fellowship with God
4. Perfect purity and absence of the impure or evil
THE CITY IS PROMISED TO COME AND NOW WE GET A DETAILED DESCRIPTION OF IT S BEAUTY. IT IS NOT THAT WE DON’T BELIEVE GOD’S PROMISE; WE JUST CAN’T IMAGINE THAT GOD WOULD PREPARE SOMETHING SO WONDERFUL FOR US.
Application: Everyone talking about going to heaven isn’t going to heaven. Have you made things right with Jesus so that you have a place prepared for you? Dear Christian are you going through a time of suffering right now? It will not last forever; God has a plan to remove all sorrow and pain.
II. THE DESCRIPTION OF THE CITY(VS. 9-21)
A. The bride of the Lamb
1. The epitome of all that is right and beautiful
(Ephesians 5:26-27)26That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word, 27That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.