Summary: An excellent life MUST be built on a firm foundation.
A Life Built On The Foundation Of Jesus Christ
1 Cor. 3:11
1. Jesus’ life presents a pattern for a life of excellence for us to follow.
A. The example of personal growth.
B. The example of compassionate ministry.
· (Acts 10:38 (quickview) ) How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him.
2. Jesus’ teachings proclaim the precepts to be followed for a life of excellence.
· (Mat 5:3) "Blessed are the …
· (Mat 5:13) "You are the salt of the earth.
· (Mat 5:22) But I tell you that anyone who is angry with his brother…
· (Mat 5:27 "You have heard that it was said, 'Do not commit adultery.'
· (Mat 5:43) "You have heard that it was said, 'Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.'
· (Mat 6:3) But when you give…
· (Mat 6:5) "And when you pray, …
· (Mat 6:14) For if you forgive men …
· (Mat 6:19) "Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth,
· (Mat 6:33) But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.
3. Jesus’ death provides a path for a life of excellence for us to follow.
· Pet 2:20-21) But how is it to your credit if you receive a beating for doing wrong and endure it? But if you suffer for doing good and you endure it, this is commendable before God. To this you were called, because Christ suffered for you, leaving you an example, that you should follow in his steps.
4. Jesus’ resurrection produces the power for living the life of excellence.
· (Rom 1:4) And declared to be the Son of God with power, according to the spirit of holiness, by the resurrection from the dead:
· (Gal 2:20) I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.