Summary: Vision is an essential element to persuing a life of excellence.
Commitment To Excellence - Part 6
1. The ability to see.
2. The ability to see beyond what the majority sees.
B. Case Studies:
1. 12 Spies - (Numbers 13:1 - 14:10)
2. Nehemiah - (Nehemiah 1 - 6)
3. Paul - (Acts 9 & 16)
I. Vision Must Be Divinely Directed.
A. Discerned by the Spirit.
* 1 Cor 2:14
B. Determined by Scripture.
* 2 Tim 3:16; 2 Pet 1:19-21
C. Developed with the Saints.
* Prov 11:14; 15:22; 24:6
2. Vision Will Be Humanly Hindered.
A. Some people will misunderstand your pursuit of excellence.
B. Some people will be misled by the enemy to attack your dreams. (1 Thess 2:19)
C. Some people will have a mindset opposed to pursuing or doing anything beyond the norm. (2 Cor 5:7)
3. Vision Must Be Purposefully Pursued.
A. Attitude - positive & optimistic (Phil 4:13)
B. Belief - assurance & confidence (Heb 11:1 & 6)
C. Courage - brave & valiant (Josh 1:6,7,9)
D. Determination - tenacity & persistence (Luke 9:62: Heb 12:1)
E. Enthusiasm - eager & ardent (Ecc 9:10; Rom 12:11)
4. Vision Will Be Richly Rewarded.
A. Joshua & Caleb entered the Promise Land.
B. Nehemiah re-built the walls of Jerusalem in 56 days.
C. Paul reaped a great harvest in Europe.