Summary: In 2 Corinthians the Word lets us know that there is something excellent within each us.
Excellence is so Attractive – Part 1
Excellence begins with a mindset!!!
A. While at the International General Assembly
Jennifer and I experienced something.
1. This something made my heart leap within me.
2. It literally captivated me and inspired me.
B. That something…was excellence!
1. Share a little.
a. Wonderful praise and worship.
b. Every detail was considered.
c. Instant language translation (10 languages)
C. During an inspirational choir’s song I leaned
over to a good friend and shared with him this
1. “Excellence is so Attractive”
D. Lord willing, I will be sharing some thoughts
that God has been putting in my heart…about
E. In 2 Corinthians the Word lets us know that
there is something excellent within each us.
1. Read 2 Corinthians 4: 7 (NKJV)
2. Opening Prayer (you may be seated)
F. Let me read this verse to you again, in another
“We have this treasure from God, but we are like
clay jars that hold the treasure. This shows
that the great power is from God, not from us.”
G. Folk, the power of God dwells in you!
1. Is Christ your Lord? If so, then the power
of God dwells in you.
2. God’s power is a prime example of excellence.
II. We live in a world full of mediocrity. A
society where you can find plenty of averages.
A. Average this, average that.
B. I wonder today, how many of you have ever
experienced excellence first hand.
C. If you answered, “I’m not sure, then you
probably have not.”
D. I’ve been blessed in this life to
experience “excellence” first hand.
1. I’ve seen the Boston Pops…excellent!
2. I’ve been to a 5 star restaurant…excellent!
3. I’ve worshiped, in a Spirit filled manner,
with 15,000 + people during a move of God
with world class worship leaders…excellent!
E. Listen to how “Webster’s” defines excellence:
1. Possessing outstanding quality or superior
merit, remarkably good.
III. Excellence all begins with you MINDSET.
A. One of the reasons why I was an excellent
salesman, back before my days in the ministry,
had to do with my MINDSET.
1. Almost daily the owner of the business would
cross my path and ask me how I was doing.
2. My a nswer was the same every time, which I
didn’t even notice until he pointed it out:
a. My answer every time: “Excellent…”
B. I learned at an early age that your attitude,
can elevate you!
C. If you want to live an excellent life…
1. If you want to have excellent health…
2. If you want to have an excellent
3. If you want to have an excellent witness to
those around you…
4. If you want to stop being settling for
average, if you really want to experience
excellence in your life…
D. Then you’ve got to change your MIND-SET!
1. If your mind is set to be average…you’ll be
2. How is your mind set?
IV. Some of you might be thinking or
asking, “Average is OK with me, what’s all the
big deal about excellence?
A. Allow me to answer that question by
demonstrating how, from a biblical point of
view…excellence is attractive.
B. There once lived a King (true story). His
Dad’s name was King Nebachadnezer.
1. He was living a life and leading a nation in