Summary: Studies in Jude
I. A Call to Build Up
A. Build upon the foundation of faith
1. 1 Corinthians 3:11 "For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ."
2. Ephesians 2:20 "And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;"
3. Faith = beliefs, the body of truth from the Word of God
4. Our human reasoning alone is not enough to discern truth from error. The best protection against deception is to know God’s revealed truth, the Bible.
B. Build up by Spirit-filled Prayer
1. Ephesians 6:18 "Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;"
2. John Calvin - The principal work of the Spirit is faith ... the principal exercise of faith is prayer.
3. Romans 8:26-27 "Likewise the Spirit also helps our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself makes intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.  And he that searches the hearts knows what is the mind of the Spirit, because he makes intercession for the saints according to the will of God."
C. Build up by keeping yourself in the love of God
1. Keep ? maintain an obedient and faithful relationship with God
2. Ephesians 5:2 "And walk in love, as Christ also hath loved us, and hath given himself for us an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweet-smelling savor."
3. 1 John 5:3 "For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous."
4. 1 John 4:21 "And this commandment have we from him, That he who loves God love his brother also."
5. When we are in doubt, God will never fail to give light when we have no other plan than to please him and to act in love for him.
D. Build up by anticipating Christ?s appearance
1. looking = eager anticipation
2. 1 John 3:3 "And every man that hath this hope in him purifies himself, even as he is pure."
3. 2 Timothy 4:1-2 "I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom.  Preach the word. Be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all long-suffering and doctrine."
II. A Call to Soul Winning
A. Be Compassionate
1. Toward those who are sincere doubters, victims of apostate teachers, who have not reached a firm conviction about Jesus Christ and eternal life.
2. Our calling and purpose as followers of Christ is to love God completely, to love self correctly, and to love others compassionately.
3. Galatians 6:1 "Brethren, if a man be overtaken in a fault, ye which are spiritual, restore such an one in the spirit of meekness; considering thyself, lest thou also be tempted."
B. Be Concerned Resolute
1. The remarkable thing about fearing God is that when you fear God you fear nothing else, whereas if you do not fear God you fear everything else.
2. My most painful experiences have been when I have had a problem and no one loved me enough to tell me about it.