Summary: Funeral for a blessed lady Bertha Turner.
Psalm 23 A Face full of Friendly-Ness
I read this Psalm to her the night before she passed she seemed to smile at that reading.
I recall a book that is called The Acts of Paul an Thecla in this book describes Paul the Apostle it says, Paul was a man with bald head, bow -legged, crooked nose, small of stature, with a face “full of friendly-ness”.
1. That described Bertha Turner a Face full of Friendly-ness she was People Friendly
• Bertha was people friendly she loved people and people loved her
• Proverbs says 24 A man that hath friends must shew himself friendly Bertha was friendly
• I remember when we had visitors she would say, “all you love this little church”
2. Bertha was not only People friendly, but she was Church Friendly
• Bertha was faithful to Church Bertha was not like the sluggard she was like the Psalmist who said, “ I was glad when they said unto me, Let us go into the house of the LORD”.
• To be faithful is to be reliable, steadfast and unwavering; you could count on Bertha to be there.
• Faith is necessary to Please God and certainly Bertha pleased God. 6And without faith it is impossible to please God,
• WE had contemporary service here on occasion and guess who was setting there and amen-ing and encouraging she was church friendly
3. Bertha was People Friendly, she was Church Friendly, and she was Friend Friendly
Bertha had many friends but one special friend Charlotte who was by her side
4. Yes, Bertha was People Friendly, Church Friendly, friend Friendly, but she was also God Friendly
• Richard Foster said, “how can we live the contemplative life? We do so by falling in love with God over, and over, and over again
• That is what Bertha did she loved God.
• Bertha Loved God because she believed the Book It is written
5. Yes Friends Bertha was God Friendly, She loved God, She believed God, She Believed what was written. That night I read to Bertha what was written Psalm 23
• She believed it was written those that persevere will receive 12Blessed is the person who perseveres because when they have stood the test, they will receive the crown of life
• Bertha believed it is written there will be a rich welcome. The night before she passed I held her hand and said, “there is a man been setting at the gates” 11and you will receive a rich welcome into the eternal kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
• Bertha believed Its written in the book We will go through the gates14"Blessed are those who wash their robes, that they may have the right to the tree of life and may go through the gates into the city. Swing wide the Gates I am coming Home
• Bertha has a face full of friendly-ness because It is written, for he has prepared a city for her because she was not ashamed of God.
• Bertha says to us today It is written I am going to a city where the Roses never fade
• It is written we can go to a city of eternal rest and eternal pleasures
• It is written Never again will they hunger; never again will they thirst
• It is written the Lamb at the center of the throne will be their shepherd; he will lead them to springs of living water.
• It is written And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes
• It is written I will see the Lilly of the Valley , the bright and morning Star , the fairest of ten thousand to my soul my face is full of friendliness eternal joy