Summary: The sermon shares what it takes to get Face Time with God: It involves spending time with God. When one spends time with God it changes you, it puts greater balance in your life.
Exodus 34:29-35 Face To Face Time
The Bible in today s lesson said that Moses Face did shine after meeting God Face to Face
, vs 29he was not aware that his face was radiant because he had spoken with the LORD.
1. Let us consider: Surely it will take great Holiness and good ness to see God face to Face
A. Moses was extreme sinner he committed murder the bible says he killed an Egyptian and hid him in the sand.
B. Moses has very little ability ,Exodus 4:10 "O Lord, I have never been eloquent, neither in the past nor since you have spoken
C. Moses complained Exodus 5:22Moses returned to the LORD and said, "O Lord, why have you brought trouble upon this people?
D. Moses was overwhelmed by stuff . Exodus 18 :13-18The work is too heavy for you; you cannot handle it alone Judge all the cases
E. Moses get angry and throws the commandments Ex 32:19 19When Moses approached the camp and saw the calf and the dancing, his anger burned and he threw the tablets out of his
F. Despite all these sins yet The Bible says, Ex 33:11The LORD would speak to Moses face to face, as a man speaks with his friend
2. In order to get Face to Face time with God involves spending Time with God
• " 28Moses was there with the LORD forty days and forty nights without eating bread or drinking water.
A. We spend time with God by being in Prayer
B. We spend time with God by being committed to regular worship
C. We spend time with God by learning about God at Bible Studies
D. These practices put us in personal contact with God and keep us open to the Presence, the Power, and The Possibility of God says, Walter Brueggemann
3. When we are face to face with God that encounter Changes you
A. Face to Face time Changed the Shepherds Luke 2:8 shepherds living out in the fields 9An angel of the Lord appeared to them, and the glory of the Lord shone around them, and they were terrified 15When the angels had left the shepherds said to one another, "Let's go to Bethlehem 16So they hurried off and found Mary and Joseph, 17When they had seen him, they spread the word concerning what had been told them about this child, 18and all who heard it were amazed at what the shepherds said to them.
B. Face to Face time Changed the three Disciples on the Mount of Transfiguration
• Their Privilege becomes and obligation they were privileged to see the transfiguration but the result of that honor became and obligation. Peter James and John were all martyrs
• The Bishop at ordination said, "Gerald Roberts" take authority as an Elder to preach the word of God To administer the holy Sacraments and to order the life of the church,
In the name of the Father and Of the Holy Spirit and of the Son.
C. When we see the Glory of God face to Face we are changed we become more Compassionate
• WE become more Loving , more forgiving, and truthful
• Our actions are to serve others more than we serve our selves
• Decisions are driven by what is right not by what is profitable.
4. When we have face to face time with God we become climbers up and down the mountain
A. We find Balance in our Christian life
B. We are able to go up to the mountain to be refreshed , revived, recommitted
C. When we come down we are able to Help Refresh the Poor
D. When we come down we are able to Proclaim freedom to prisoners
E. When we come down we are able to give sight to the blind
F. When we come down we are able to help the oppressed and to Proclaim the year of the Lords favor yes it is a jubilee
5. One day we all have Face to Face time With God
A. Matthew 2534"Then the King will say `Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance,31"When the Son of Man comes in his glory32All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats.
B. .Matthew 12:36But I tell you that men will have to give account on the Day of Judgment for every careless word they have spoken.
C. For we will all stand before God's judgment seat. 11It is written: `As surely as I live,' says the Lord, every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "A 12So then, each of us will give an account of himself to God.
D. One day you and I will meet Him Face To Face why not meet him today in pardon and forgiveness of sin.