Summary: The Mechanics of a Miracle is a four message series that deals with accessing the move of God today. Healings are the rapid acceleration of divine health but miracles happen instantaneously!
The Mechanics of a Miracle
Part 1 “Faith & Boldness”
Lakewood Church of God | Pastor Jonathan Vorce | 11-20-2016
Miracles still happen
Describe the difference between a miracle and a healing
Share a few miracle testimonies
IF I WERE YOU I WOULD BE TAKING NOTES!
A. Hebrews 11:1 - Faith “is” (substance and evidence
1. Substance - the stuff that miracles are made of…
2. Evidence - Proof positive that unseen things can manifest in the “seen realm”.
B. Faith “Cometh” - Romans 10:17
1. Faith accumulates and piles up
C. Faith is activated by Confession and ratified through Forgiveness - Mark 11:22-26
Websters - Ratify
RAT'IFY, v.t. [L. ratum facio, to make firm.]
To confirm; to establish; to settle.
To approve and sanction; to make valid; as, to ratify an agreement or treaty.
1. You will have whatsoever you stay…
2. We start receiving when we start talking. If we never talk “the Word of Faith” we can never receive what the “Word of Faith has produced.
D. Without faith it is IMPOSSIBLE to please God.
Hebrews 11:6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them
that diligently seek him.
II. Boldness - Proverbs 28:1 The wicked flee when no man pursueth: but the righteous are bold as a lion.
Websters - Boldness
Courage; bravery; intrepidity; spirit; fearlessness.
A. Acts 4:1-14 (Read) - Peter and John giving their defense of the impotent man healed.
B. V.13 - When they saw their boldness they took knowledge of them that they had “been with Jesus”.
1. The bold defense of the works of Jesus Christ will silence even the worst of critics.
C. Proverbs 14:26 In the fear of the LORD is strong confidence: and his children shall have a place of refuge.
III. The Name of Jesus
A. There is HEALING in His name
1. Matthew, Mark, Luke and John record at least 35 healing miracles Jesus performed.
2. Luke 7:1-10 - The Centurion’s servant healed - BY FAITH
3. Mark 16:17-18 - Jesus said if we lay hands on the sick “in His name” they will be healed!
B. There is DELIVERANCE in His name.
1. Jesus cast the devil out of at least 6 people that we know of. (Jesus is real, the devil is real and so is Exorcism). - Luke 4:38-41 (Read)
Luke 4:41 Moreover, demons came out of many people, shouting, "You are the Son of God!" But he rebuked them and would not allow them to
speak, because they knew he was the Messiah.
2. Acts 7:55 - Stephen saw Jesus seated at the right hand of God. (A place of power and authority)
18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.
19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.
3. Jesus has given us power over all the works of the enemy.
17 And the seventy returned again with joy, saying, Lord, even the devils are subject unto us through thy name.
18 And he said unto them, I beheld Satan as lightning fall from heaven.
19 Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt
20 Notwithstanding in this rejoice not, that the spirits are subject unto you; but rather rejoice, because your names are written in heaven.
C. There is VICTORIOUS LIFE in his name
1. We have Biblical accounts of Jesus raising at least 3 people from the dead. (Lazarus was dead so long that he was stinking) - John 11:38-44
Jesus conquered death! - 1 Peter 3:18-22
Miracles don’t “just happen”
We have to have Faith and the Boldness to take God at His Word and act upon it!
We have to recognize the power in the “Name of Jesus” and realize that we have the right to use it!
Next Week we will continue studying “The Mechanics of a Miracle”