Summary: Examine the faith of the widow woman that took care of Elijah. 1. Pressing Circumstances. 2. Personal Crisis. and 3. Prophetic Challenge. God tries our faith that we might try His faithfulness.
Faith In A Famine
Introduction: A Lack of Leadership.
Ahab Rejected The Servant of God.
Ahab Rejected The Sayings of God.
Ahab Rejected The Strength of God.
1. Pressing Circumstances.
A. Drinking at the Brook.
B. Dryness at the Brook.
2. Personal Crisis.
A. Starving in a Famine.
B. Staring at death’s Face.
3. Prophetic Challenge.
A. It was a Costly Challenge.
1) God tries our faith that we might try His faithfulness.
2) Faith that does not move in action is dead faith.
3) She was called upon to put God before her own needs and the needs of her own family.
B. It was a Courageous Challenge.
1) She was challenged to make a profound commitment.
2) Part-time faith like a part-time job will not support you.
3) Faith is not like gasoline that runs out as you use it; it is like a muscle, it grows stronger as you use it.
C. It was a Decisive Commitment.
1) It was a Daily Commitment.
2) It was a Deep Commitment.