Summary: Faith creates the supernatural atmosphere for God to touch people’s lives.
FAITH CREATES THE ATMOSPHERE!
“Several days later Jesus returned to Capernaum, and the news of his arrival spread quickly through the town. 2 Soon the house where he was staying was so packed with visitors that there wasn’t room for one more person, not even outside the door. And he preached the word to them. 3 Four men arrived carrying a paralyzed man on a mat. 4 They couldn’t get to Jesus through the crowd, so they dug through the clay roof above his head. Then they lowered the sick man on his mat, right down in front of Jesus. 5 Seeing their faith, Jesus said to the paralyzed man, “My son, your sins are forgiven.”
1. God respond’s to the our faith.
(verse 4) says that; "Jesus saw their faith and responded by forgiving the sins of this paralyzed man and healing him".
* Hebrews 11:6 says, “For without Faith it is impossible to please God, for He who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.”(GOD WANT’S TO REWARD US WITH HIS PRESENCE) "He abides in the praises of His people"
PRAISE IS A REACTION TO FAITH!
-There is shouting in praise!
-There is singing in praise!
-there is laughter in praise!
-There is dancing in praise!
-There is joy in praise!
Your attitude at church is determined by your faith.
- It creates an atmosphere of expectency around others that is contaminating.
- It reflects in your facial expresions, your body language, the tone of your voice, your confesion.
- Some have a better attitude when they go to a football or a baseball game. We give the favorite team our best!, WHY CANT WE DO BETTER IN GOD’S HOUSE?
Say, “FAITH” , *Matthew 17:20, Jesus says; “I say to you, if you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain (your wall, circumstance, problems) Move from here to there, and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you.”
-Faith is something to be exited about.
-There has to be an atmosphere of faith in the church for lives to be changed and transformed, (Hebrews 11:1ff)
- It’s important to listen to the message; FAITH COMES BY HEARING AND HEARING THE WORD OF GOD. "But" (say but) its equally important to act; "FOR FAITH WITHOUT WORKS IS DEAD".
3.A Church that has no faith is empty
• We sing having faith that God hear’s us.
• We pray believing in faith that God will answer.
• We can give with expectancy in our harts.
Unity in the church creates an ATMOSPHERE OF FAITH?
-When Jesus went to His hometown to minister not many were healed because of their unbelief. Because of their lack of faith.
-It’s up to us to move in faith.
Here are some ways we can create an atmosphere of faith in the church…
1. Creating an atmosphere of faith in the church start’s during the week.
-When everyone is here on Wednesday.
-When you call someone on the phone thet wasn’t here on sunday and share how the Lord touched you.
-When you call the person that wasn’t here on Wednesday and tell them how blessed you were with the study.
ALL THESE THINGS CREATE AN ATMOSPHERE OF FAITH.
2- Creating the atmosphere start’s BEFORE We Get To Church.
-When you get up Sunday morning and you cant find your hairbrush. (START PRAISING THE LORD FOR YOUR HAIR, SOME PEOPLE DONT HAVE ANY OR HAVE VERY LITTLE).
- IF YOU ARE ONE OF THOSE with no hair. instead of getting frustrated start creating an atmosphere of faith and believe the Lord for some hair or a tupe!
-As you are driving to church and spill your coffee. It doesnt matter! What matters is, you are on your way to the house of the Lord!, start creating an atmosphere of faith. GOD IS GOING TO BLESS YOU!, GOD IS ABOUT TO GIVE YOU A WORD!, IF YOU ARE SICK, GOD IS GOING TO HEAL YOU!,(Start creating an atmosphere of faith!)
• Maybe you walk in late, someboby took your seat, or someone took your parking spot. (DONT GET IN A MOOD, START PRAISING THE LORD!)
• You can create the same atmosphere these four friends had. Then when you get to church you will believe God can do anything!
3. WE CREATE AN ATMOSPHERE OF FAITH WHEN ALL GET INVOLVED.
VERSE 4 SAYS; They couldn’t get to Jesus through the crowd, so they dug through the roof.
-An atmosphere of faith conquers impossibilities. (They dug through the clay roof and lowered their friend to Jesus)
- THEY TOOK PART IN WHAT WAS HAPPENING
• Psalm 100:4 “Enter His gates WITH thanksgiving and His courts WITH praise"