Summary: This is taken from the second chapter of "The Five-Fold Ministry" manual. Listen to one of the sermons free online at www.higherealm.net.
A. Deut. 13:1-3,8; 18:20-22 Presumptuously = pride; haughtiness; arrogance; insolence Refers to intentional sin.
1. The problem is in the speaker (prophet) and the hearer. (see Ezek. 14:4,7-10)
2. The very essence of the above verses are, they are pointing people to themselves and to idols, not to Jesus or the Father.
Simon saw a way to make money. Greed is in the false prophet. Covetousness for power, prestige, recognition (Jer. 6:13 unholy ambition)
b. He wasn’t interested in helping people, just himself.
e. Matt. 15:9-20 - You do not receive what a man says he is. You receive what he (really) is.
1.) Ezek. 14:4-9, Jer. 23:10,11 substantiates that.
You become a partaker of what he is spiritually when you gullibly accept everything said without passing Scriptural scrutiny on it.
1. Ezek. 13:2 - “Prophesy against…Prophesy out of their own heart.” 1 Cor. 14:32 “The spirit of the prophet is subject…” This is a point of
temptation for this ministry.
2. Ezek. 13:3 -They follow their own spirit.
a. This could mean they decide what is God and what is not.
b. Also, they must know the difference between their spirit and the Holy Spirit.
3. Ezek. 13:5 - Prophets are watchmen (Ezek. 3:17-18) and are to prepare the people for the day of battle through prophetic utterance.
1 Tim. 1:18
4. Ezek. 13:6,7 - They see vanity, (empty) lying, divination. What makes it bad is that they put the Lord’s Name on it. The phrase = “to hope that they would confirm the word” in the New Living Translation says, “and they expect Him to fulfill their prophecies.” See vs. 9 - Their judgment - God’s judgment on them
5. Ezek. 13:10,16 - They seduce (1 Tim. 4:1) with false peace. See Jer. 8:10,11 esp. Ezek. 13:16
a. Untempered = foolish things
Ezek. 13:18 - Souls = The emotional realm - where you touch your self consciousness. There are those who hunt souls. Now they through familiar spirits join themselves unto the church.
b. This is Bible witchcraft.
1.) Praying for or against people.
2.) Praying your will on them or what you think God’s will is.
c. Covetousness, discontent, and exaggerated opinion opens the door to want and to receive deception.
Ezek. 13:22 (NLT) - “You have discouraged the righteous with your lies, when I didn’t want them to suffer grief. And you have encouraged the wicked by promising them life, even though they continue in their
See Is. 5:20 (KJV) - “Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!”
C. Good prophets are to speak the Word faithfully. Jer. 23:28
1.Expect this to happen. Jer. 18:18