Summary: This three part series deals with the basics of family dynamics from God's perspective. When we do things God's way we get God results! This is the first message on Fatherhood! *WARNING! THIS IS NOT A POLITICALLY CORRECT SERMON (*Statement based on western culture)
I. I. THE FATHERHOOD OF GOD
God is referred to as Father about 15 times in the OT and over 200 times in the NT (Baker’s Evangelical Dictionary of Biblical Theology)
A. That’s the Power of Calvary
1. Calvary made our spiritual Family possible!
B. The Gentiles became the “+” part of the family of God.
1. They RECEIVED the “Spirit of Adoption” causing them to cry “Abba Father” - Daddy God!
4. But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law,
5. To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons.
6. And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.
7. Wherefore thou art no more a servant, but a son; and if a son, then an heir of God through Christ.
2. They were engrafted (added to) the vine...
22. Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off.
23. And they also, if they abide not still in unbelief, shall be graffed in: for God is able to graff them in again.
24. For if thou wert cut out of the olive tree which is wild by nature, and wert graffed contrary to nature into a good olive tree: how much more shall these, which be the natural branches, be graffed into their own olive tree?
25. For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.
II. THE FATHERHOOD OF MAN
God created man to be the leader of the home.
A. Created to Lead…
1. An unpopular Biblical teaching in American culture…
2. God placed an authority structure in the home.
3. There’s safety in doing things God’s way!
1 Corinthians 11:3 But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.
1 Peter 3:1 Likewise, ye wives, be in subjection to your own husbands; that, if any obey not the word, they also may without the word be won by the conversation of the wives;
21. Submitting yourselves one to another in the fear of God.
22. Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord.
23. For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body.
24. Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing.
B. Created to Love…
Ephesians 5:25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;
Colossians 3:19 Husbands, love your wives, and be not bitter against them.
1. The greatest gift a father can give to their children is to love their Momma sacrificially fiercely, unconditionally and openly!
C. Created to Protect & Provide…
5. For after this manner in the old time the holy women also, who trusted in God, adorned themselves, being in subjection unto their own husbands:
6. Even as Sara obeyed Abraham, calling him lord: whose daughters ye are, as long as ye do well, and are not afraid with any amazement.
7. Likewise, ye husbands, dwell with them according to knowledge, giving honour unto the wife, as unto the weaker vessel, and as being heirs together of the grace of life; that your prayers be not hindered.
1. The “covering” referred to here is Scripture is the authority that she is covered with. – The woman is protected because she is “covered” by her husband.
2. We study our wives and dwell with them according to knowledge.
1 Timothy 5:8 But if any provide not for his own, and specially for those of his own house, he hath denied the faith, and is worse than an infidel.
• IN'FIDEL, n. One who disbelieves the inspiration of the Scriptures, and the divine origin of christianity.
• Interpreted – If you’re a man and you don’t take care of business where it comes to your family… Don’t think that you are right with God!
• Providing for our families is nor a suggestion it’s a command!
• Momma should never have to worry about where her next meal is coming from…
III. IT’S TIME FOR THE “MAN TALK…”
1 Corinthians 13:11 When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.