Summary: He had places to go, people to see, things to do, it was going to be the social event of the year. He was finally going to be free at last to do as he pleased 24/7. No one was going to tell him what to do any longer, he had had enough,
Father Knows Best!
Today we celebrate the day that comes but once a year, while many things are only celebrated once a year, only this day honors fathers.
Idnt odd though, statistics show that, most fathers get stuck grilling out on their day of being honored, while mothers are never asked to cook on their special day.
And why is it, I saw on TV $5 Billion more, that’s billion with a capital B, gets spent on mothers day gifts than fathers day,
Just one of those things that makes you go hmm?
Fathers are very important to a family, while many men may have children, it takes a special, dedicated individual to be a father.
And with that comes a great responsibility.
Not only providing for, but being a good role model and also offering a safe, stable environment to grow up in.
But the most important role a father plays, is that of the spiritual leader of his household.
That role, while it has many facets and causes one to wear many hats over the period of a lifetime, never changes.
All fathers are not created equal, just ask any little Kid and they will tell you that their daddy is the best.
With a ringing endorsement like that, you would think all little boys daddy would be the perfection of fatherhood.
But does that mean that a father will ALWAYS do what is right?
We’d like to think so wouldn’t we, try as we may, we all know that’s not true.
Many fathers should find comfort in the words of Bill Cosby,
who advised new fathers that when they feel bewildered and even defeated,
That they should take comfort from the fact that - whatever they do in any fathering situation - they have a 50% chance of being right every time.
Some fathers will fail, more often than they would care to admit.
Every father should try to raise their children in the fear and admonition of the Lord,
while it most certainatley increases the chance of success, it doesn’t guarantee it.
The bible has many examples of men of strong faith that had kids that really put them thru a lot.
Although I’m not going to go there, King David, a man after Gods own heart, had a real problem child.
We all make mistakes, there’s probably not one father, who hasn’t wondered if something that he’s done, has harmed his family in some way.
The father, were going to talk about today, was a father who did everything right
TBS. in Luke 15:11- 24 NKJ
11. Then He said: A certain man had two sons.
12. And the younger of them said to his father, Father, give me the portion of goods that falls to me. So he divided to them his livelihood.
13. And not many days after, the younger son gathered all together, journeyed to a far country, and there wasted his possessions with prodigal living.
14. But when he had spent all, there arose a severe famine in that land, and he began to be in want.
15. Then he went and joined himself to a citizen of that country, and he sent him into his fields to feed swine.
16. And he would gladly have filled his stomach with the pods that the swine ate, and no one gave him anything.
17. But when he came to himself, he said, How many of my fathers hired servants have bread enough and to spare, and I perish with hunger!
18. I will arise and go to my father, and will say to him, Father, I have sinned against heaven and before you,
19. and I am no longer worthy to be called your son. Make me like one of your hired servants.
20. And he arose and came to his father. But when he was still a great way off, his father saw him and had compassion, and ran and fell on his neck and kissed him.
21. And the son said to him, Father, I have sinned against heaven and in your sight, and am no longer worthy to be called your son.
22. But the father said to his servants, Bring out the best robe and put it on him, and put a ring on his hand and sandals on his feet.
23. And bring the fatted calf here and kill it, and let us eat and be merry;
24. for this my son was dead and is alive again; he was lost and is found. And they began to be merry.
We have before us, the story of the best possible father you could ever read about, a faithful father who did everything right.
The father in the story of the Prodigal Son, is God Himself.
This father was faultless, this was the perfection of fatherhood!