Summary: Christian fathers are the real Super Heroes in our homes. God has given dads all the Super power and gifts needed to do the job and do it joyfully in the name of Jesus.
And He said to them, “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature. He who believes and is baptized will be saved; but he who does not believe will be condemned. And these signs will follow those who believe: In My name they will cast out demons; they will speak with new tongues; they will take up serpents; and if they drink anything deadly, it will by no means hurt them; they will lay hands on the sick, and they will recover”.
Three boys were talking about their father’s excellence. One of them said: my father is a great professor. When he is talking about a subject, only 10 persons in the world can understand him! The second boy said: my father is great brain surgeon, when he is talking about his surgery only 5 people in the whole world can realize what he is saying. The third boy said: my father is a pastor, when he is preaching nobody can understand what he is saying.
Four things that fathers can only get away with saying on father’s day;
#1 To the wives whenever possible please say whatever you have to say during commercials.
#2. When ever we ask a question You don’t have to give us the whole story. “Yes” and “No” are perfectly acceptable answers to almost every question.
#3 Wives, your husband says; “Please check the oil in your car at least once in a while”.
#4. We know exactly where we are. Therefore what makes you think we need directions?
Christian fathers are Super Heroes
Our father’s day message has to do with Super Heroes.
When I was growing up in the sixties and seventies we had tons of Super Heroes. My favorite of all is still around, Superman.
Superman was faster than a speeding bullet, more powerful than a locomotive. He could leap tall buildings in a single bounce and bullets would ricochet off him like little rubber balls. I thought he was the coolest thing back then.
We also had Spiderman, Captain America, Thor, Aqua man, Batman and Robin, The Hulk, Stretch man, Wonder woman and so many more. And the incredible thing about all these guys is that they could do things that other ordinary people couldn’t do. I wish that I knew then what I know now. Dads are the real super heroes in any child’s life.
Especially Christian dads, because they do things that other fathers can’t do.
#1. They protect their children from evil and chase the boogie man away. “In my name they will cast out demons” (v.17)
#2. They are strong and mighty. God has made His power available to them.
* Acts 1:8, “But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you. And you shall be my witnesses in both Jerusalem and in all Judea and Samaria, and even to the remotest part of the earth”.
#3. They can do things that other fathers don’t do.
- They talk to God and God talk’s back to them. They say things like; “God is directing me” or “I’m waiting on the Lord” or Let’s ask the Lord for confirmation”
#4. Christian fathers have a whole set of standards that make them Super Heroes.
- If they mess up. They will say I’m sorry
- They are stern but in a humble way.
- They walk by faith and not by sight
- They stand for righteousness. They are; “The righteousness of God”.(2 Corinthians 5:21)
#4. They are courageous because they know that; “If God is for them, who can be against them”.
#5. They can detect when danger is near.
- They have Spiritual Discernment.
- I remember as my two older boys were growing up that every time they were getting close to a girl that was an unbeliever or was not good for them, God would give me and Carmen discernment and we would pray and sure enough later the Lord would somehow reveal it to them. And with our youngest who is sixteen the same thing happens.
#6. They are not lost no matter what mom says.
*Acts 16:31, “Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and thow shalt be saved and thy house”.
- There is a huge difference between a Christian father and one that is not saved. The Christian father has super vision (God’s perspective)
-They also bring others to Christ and are an example to their families. Acts 1:8, “and you shall be my witnesses”.
Christian dads are the real Super Heroes in our homes. God has given dads all the Super power and gifts needed to do the job and do it joyfully in the name of Jesus.