Summary: Though a righteous man fall seven times, he gets back up again.
This morning continuing our discussion on Fear
We have covered fear of Man, Fear of Rejection
Today covering FEAR OF FAILURE
We all have failed at one time or another: Parent, child, student, team member, friend, publicly, morally, privately,
• Doctors say you should drink 8 glasses of water a day—I don’t always do that.
• Dentists say you should brush after every meal and floss everyday—I don’t do that.
• Car specialists say I should never allow my gas tank to get below half full—
• Accountants say you should never have less than $100 in checking account…ever
• You are supposed to make your bed up every morning; I fail at that as well.
• If you are a man you are not supposed to allow your body fat to rise above 17%--
• Christians should read their Bible every day—I’ve gone days and not cracked mine
• Doctor’s say that the average adult should get no less than 8 hours sleep per night
• You are supposed to always do the speed limit—I don’t even think I will go there.
• You are supposed to have at least 3 months salary set aside for an emergency fund—
So know this morning---We all need to hear what I have to say
We all have failed, That doesn’t make us failures
We become failures---When we fail, and then never take another chance
I’d rather shoot for the moon and get some, than shoot for nothing –get it all
I have failed as pastor…Friend…boss…husband…parent…
I’m not quitting—learn from those and get better!!!!
Failure is not an event….
IT”S YOUR REACTION TO THE EVENT
Don’t let your past keep you from taking chances
Let the times you fail, prepare you for future success
BIG DIFFERNCE BETWEEN TAKING/ CHANCE---BEING STUPID
We know a lot about the life of MOSES…
See how failure changes our response Deliverer…Fail….Sheep…Burning Bush
Exodus 3: 10-11
1.Failure will cause you to forget who you are
Moses was a powerful leader as Pharoh’s son---then God says U R deliverer
Now crippled for 40 yrs because of failure—Don’t remember any of that
God says I’m sending you----WHO AM I?
I understand “who am I?” out of reverence, but never out of unworthiness
Who am I that God could use me
You’re: blessed with every spiritual blessing, holy nation, royal priesthood, seated in heavenly places, given all you need for life and godliness, more than a conquerer, no weapon formed against you can prosper, and GOD GAVE HIS SON FOR YOU….and You’re asking….WHO AM I?
God doesn’t call the qualified… So don’t forget who you are
Let’s move on with MOSES…
Exodus 3: 13-14
2.Failure causes you to forget who you’re working for
As a pastor, I’m not held responsible by you, your money, your attendance
I’m held responsible by God… I let other hold me accountable
I can’t let people, MAKE ME FORGET WHO I’M WORKING FOR
I can’t let the fear of failure, make me forget who I’m working for
Surround yourself w/ people who love,
But don’t forget who you’re working for
Don’t use God as an excuse to be stupid,
It won’t go against his word
3.Failure causes you to forget that God is powerful
God doesn’t need you to come up with the solution---HE IS THE SOLUTION