Summary: Second in a series of five sermons from Amos; because of his love for us God desires our faithfulness to him.
Fidelity in Relation to God
Fidelity is the quality or state of being faithful or loyal. It implies strict and continual faithfulness.—Webster’s Dictionary
1. God’s Relationship with His People (3:1-2)
• God has singular fidelity to His People.
• Through Jesus I am His child.
Am I faithful to Him?
2. God’s judgment of His People (3:3-15)
• There is always a cause & effect.
• God’s revelation always proceeds judgment.
• God has revealed Himself to us by the Holy Spirit through prayer, the Bible, circumstances, and the church.
What do I know that I am disobeying?
3. God’s grief over His People (4:1-5)
• Blessed but not blessing.
• Place but not position.
• Letter but not spirit.
What is my attitude in worship and service?
4. God’s warnings to His People (4:6-13)
• Signs & circumstances that turn us to God.
• A final call by God’s chosen prophet.
What is God telling me?