Summary: If we have received Christ as our personal Savior then we know that He will never leave us nor forsake us. The Psalmist tells us if we have Make Jesus Lord of our life that He is at our right hand. Being there He hears every prayer.
Five Fingers of Prayer
Psalms 16:8 (KJV) I have set the LORD always before me: because he is at my right hand, I shall not be moved.
1 Thessalonians 5:17 (KJV) Pray without ceasing.
If we have received Christ as our personal Savior then we know that He will never leave us nor forsake us. The Psalmist tells us if we have Make Jesus Lord of our life that He is at our right hand. Being there He hears every prayer. What should we pray for? He is at our right hand so why not use your hand as a guide. Here from our website under the link ‘thoughts’ we use the hand as a guide to prayer.
1. Your thumb is nearest to you. So begin your prayers by praying for those closest to you. They are the easiest to remember. To pray for our loved ones is, as C. S. Lewis once said, a "sweet duty."
2. The next finger is the pointing finger. Pray for those who teach, instruct and heal. This includes teachers, doctors, and ministers. They need support and wisdom in pointing others in the right direction. Keep them in your prayers.
3. The next finger is the tallest finger. It reminds us of our leaders. Pray for the president, leaders in business and industry, and administrators. These people shape our nation and guide public opinion. They need God's guidance.
4. The fourth finger is our ring finger. Surprising to many is the fact that this is our weakest finger; as any piano teacher will testify. It should remind us to pray for those who are weak, in trouble or in pain. They need your prayers day and night. You should pray much more for them.
5. And lastly comes our little finger; the smallest finger of all. Which is where we should place ourselves in relation to God and others, As the Bible says, "The least shall be the greatest among you." Your pinkie should remind you to pray for yourself. By the time you have prayed for the other four groups, your own needs will be put into proper perspective and you will be able to pray for yourself more effectively.
Let us make a decision and we start praying as I mentioned, God will brighten their life through our prayers! Also remember to pray for the salvation of Israel and also for Marge and me. We still believe that the more people who pray for us the greater the harvest will be.
God Bless You and Yours is our prayer.