Summary: But Divine healing is the will of God! Jesus healed ALL who came to him. There are 5 Guarantees in the Scriptures that God will heal us: the Atonement; God is a Healer; He's a Covenant Keeper; our Father who loves us; and He is compassionate.
THE FIVE GUARANTEES OF DIVINE HEALING
A. HUMOR: THE 3 CHRISTIAN PARROTS
1. Steve went into ROGER'S CHRISTIAN PETS to find a suitable pet parrot. He saw 3 parrots in a large cage. “Roger, how much is that blue parrot?"
2. Roger replied, "That parrot costs $500." "Wow," says Steve. "Why is it so expensive?" "That parrot can recite the whole Book of Deuteronomy by heart!" Roger told him to recite Deut 1:6 and he did it verbatim. Steve was impressed but that was too expensive.
3. Steve points to the yellow and green parrot and asked, "And how much is this parrot?" Roger replied, "That parrot is $1,000." "Good grief," says Steve. "Why is it so expensive?" "Because that parrot can recite the Book of Daniel and all of the Minor Prophets of the Old Testament."
4. Roger asked the parrot to quote a portion of Scripture and it was ‘spot on.’ Although very impressed with the yellow and green parrot, it too was far too expensive.
5. So Steve pointed to the red parrot and asked, "And how much is the red parrot?" Roger replied, "That parrot is £2,000."
6. "For Pete’s sake," says Steve. "What on earth can this parrot do that's so special to make it excessively expensive?"
7. "Well," replies Roger, "I've not sure yet, but what I DO KNOW is that the other two parrots call him Pastor."
B. FAITH FOR DIVINE HEALING
1. Many times we pray to God for healing, we don't really expect to healed. We do it as a form, expecting to have to go to the doctor.
2. But Divine healing is the will of God!
a. Paul prayed three times, Not "If it be Your will...", BUT “Heal Me, Lord!”
b. 3 John 2 says, "Beloved, I wish above all things that you may prosper and be in health even as your soul prospers."
c. Jesus healed ALL who came to him.
d. Woman who had the Issue of Blood – the Virtue release didn't require a decision from God.
B.THESIS: THE FIVE GUARANTEES OF HEALING
1. Tonight I’m giving you 5 guarantees of Healing. I know you know these but I’m repeating them to stir up your godly minds.
2. They are: a. Atonement of Christ; b. The Nature of our Creator; c. Our Covenant-Keeping God; d. God as our Father; e. The Mercy of God.
I. ATONEMENT: JESUS PAID FOR OUR HEALING
A. NECESSITY FOR THIS FOUNDATION
1. The Fall of man made the Atonement necessary.
2. Sickness and death came as a consequence, an after-effect of sin (Romans 5:12).
4. So if sin, the cause of sickness, be removed, sickness no longer has a right to afflict us.
B. CHRIST’S ATONEMENT – NOT JUST FOR SIN
1. 1. Isaiah 53:4-5
2. Matthew 27:26; Mark 15:15; John 19:1 tell us that our Lord Jesus was "scourged." The NIV Study Bible adds, 15:15 “flogged." "The Romans used a whip made of several strips of leather into which were embedded (near the ends) pieces of bone and led. The Jews limited the number of stripes to a maximum of 40 (in practice to 39 in case of a miscount), but no such limitation was recognized by the Romans, and victims of Roman floggings often did not survive.”
3. The scourging of Jesus was not an afterthought of God. God did let his Son be beaten like this to no purpose! We often ignore this incredible atoning work.
4. Jesus was tied to a whipping post and beaten until (Isaiah 52:14) He was unrecognizable. Isaiah 53:4-5 tells us the purpose: so that we might be healed physically. Matthew 8:17 confirms this as speaking of physical healing.
1. There is a provision for your healing, just as there is for your salvation. Psalm 103:3 says, "Who forgives all your iniquities, who heals all your diseases."
2. You didn't get saved 10 years ago -- you got saved at Calvary. You didn't just get healed last year -- you were healed at Calvary.
3. Do you believe God wants to save you? Of course! The same faith that saves is the same faith which feels. The second ground for our healing is:
II. GOD’S NATURE: A HEALING GOD
A. THE 5 FOUNDATION = 5 RELATIONSHIPS
1. "The Atonement" is our Relationship with Jesus as our Savior. Because of his suffering, I can be healed.
2. Can there be another basis? Yes! What if Adam and Eve had never sinned, and three or four generations of children/grandchildren had been born.
a. Wouldn't they at some time have needed healing?
b. At some point a child would've slipped over a cliff, or a man would fall from some tree or someone might drown. On what basis would they appeal to God?