Summary: With the same tongue, you bless and curse. This lesson gives you five blessings to speak over your life.
There is power in what you say
If U speak something over your life enough...
IT WILL HAPPEN
I wonder How many went home...
I WILL LOSE 100 POUNDS
I WILL WIN AMERICAN IDOL
I WILL BELIEVE WITH SHANE...COWBOYS WILL RETURN TO GLORY
Today I want to look at 5 things that David said:
If we’ll speak these things over our life....WE’LL SEE A CHANGE
1. I will Bless the Lord- Psalm 34:1- I will bless the LORD at all times; His praise shall continually be in my mouth.
We need to learn how to bless the Lord
HOW DO WE BLESS THE LORD?
How would you bless someone else?
I think of how people have Bless missy and I...our family
Remember us... Birthdays
Give us stuff
hang out with us...Friends God loves it when you just hang out w/ HIM
Give us stuff.....lol
Love on our kids
That’s how you bless God...remember..give...hang...attn...Love kids
2. I will Trust Him - Psalm 56:3 Whenever I am afraid, I will trust in You.
Brother don’t say you’re afraid...NEGATIVE...
Fear is of the devil...SO ARE KRISPY KREMES...HAVE THOSE NOW & THEN
The greatest moments in my life...WERE WHEN I GAVE UP..... Died to myself
The Christian life is easy ...IF YOU’LL REMEMBER YOU’RE DEAD
You know the verse...Never leave you...MESSAGE
Hebrews 13: 5-6 Don’t be obsessed with getting more material things. Be relaxed with what you have. Since God assured us, I’ll never let you down, never walk off and leave you, we can boldly quote, God is there, ready to help; I’m fearless no matter what. Who or what can get to me? (The Message)
3. I will Love Him - Psalm 18: 1 I will love You, O LORD, my strength. 2 The LORD is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer; My God, my strength, in whom I will trust; My shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.3 I will call upon the LORD, who is worthy to be praised; So shall I be saved from my enemies.
God desires your love
We can become so busy...worshiping him...Serving Him.. Praying to him...reading
WE FORGET TO LOVE HIM
Once a day...I have to remind myself....I’m not here to just study and teach
MY FIRST GOAL IS TO LOVE HIM
JUST BECAUSE...I’M HER DAD
4. I will Praise Him - Psalm 139: 14 I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Marvelous are Your works, And that my soul knows very well.
It gets real easy to praise....WHEN YOU KNOW HOW YOU’RE MADE
How are you made...fearfully...wonderfully...
No one can EXCEL...With Feelings of inadequacy
Job...Don’t deserve it Spouse...I don’t measure up Parent...Horrible
SAME WAY WITH PRAISING GOD
5. I will behave wisely - Psalm 101: 2 I will behave wisely in a perfect way. Oh, when will You come to me? I will walk within my house with a perfect heart.
People ask me all the time...
God loves us right? Forgiven us right? Saved forever right? Nothing we do right?
Sound like you’re saying, we can do whatever?.............. YEP
You can choose to live your life that way
I choose to live mine...BEHAVING WISELY