Summary: I’ve never met anyone who wanted to be a failure. I have met a lot who have embraced it.
Never met anyone who wanted to be a failure...
Met a lot who have embraced it
Go to children’s church...Nursery... and ask, what you want to be the won’t say...crack addict...knocked up 16...on welfare.
God wants us to succeed.... How does God measure success?
Not measured by how I look- The world thinks it is
Go to the mall.... KIDS WITH CREDIT CARDS
Told the kids in FAST FORWARD...
If you had to pay for that.. You wouldn’t be buying it
Not measured by what I have- wealth Can’t make U a success- More opportunity
Paris Hilton — She’s rich... Stupid...Brittany Spears... White Rapper...No future...
God measure success by your heart...Let prepare our HEARTS FOR SUCCESS
1. Direction ---Romans 15:20 And so I have made it my aim to preach the gospel, not where Christ was named, lest I should build on another man’s foundation
Paul was a builder, architect
Paul wanted to start churches, not go to one where the pastor had left
Make sure want it— THEN GO FOR IT
Pool of Bethesda- 38 yrs sick- “Do you want to be well?”
Get a job, lose handicap sticker, no sympathy.....grunting/ moaning when you move
Paul had a clear vision- didn’t care what it cost him
Phillipians 3:14 I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.
He didn’t say I’m a great loser-
I PLAY TO WIN- WHY! I WANT THE PRIZE
Christianity is about LIVES BEING CHANGED... PEOPLE BEING VICTORIOUS
We’ve reduced Christianity to- hair-buns, make-up, demons and Harry Potter,---
Shame on us... Let’s get our direction back... ALL ROADS LEAD TO JESUS
2. Contentment--- Phillipaians 4:12 I know how to be abased, & I know how to abound. Everywhere & in all things I have learned both to be full & to be hungry, both to abound & to suffer need. 13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
I have learned to enjoy what I have-
I have dreams, goals, hopes, ---But I’m going to enjoy today
Whether things are going good- or I’m Broker than 10 Commandments... Happy
IF I ONLY HAD... Better Job... Move to Idalou, Married -Susie... Joe
Don’t move forward.. At the expense of missing today
3. Compassion- 1 cor 13: 2 And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. 3 And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, but have not love, it profits me nothing
People PRAYING FOR PROPHECY.... CAN’T BE NICE
Jesus was moved by compassion.
Fed the 5,000... Healed the multitudes... Cleansed Lepers...Died for the world
WHY??? He was moved with compassion
4. Excitement- Romans 8:31 What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us?
Be excited about loving Your spouse... Going to work... Coming to Church
I LOVE WHAT I DO
If we had great enthusiasm for God…it would be contagious,
If Christians acted like Christians at WORK... 1st QUESTION on Application
Not talking about Reading your Bible @ Work .. Witnessing @ Work
YOU DON’T GET PAID TO WITNESS... THAT’S Stealing from your boss
Talking about.. Ask 1 mile... give them 2
We need our excitement back.... Kidneys.... Lawn... Spouse
5. Staying power- 2 Timothy 4:7 I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.
Don’t quit.... Christians give up too fast
With divorces at an all time high- HOW WILL THE NEXT GEN. LEARN
People give up on: Marriage, Job, Church, God
People say, ‘I’m afraid to commit”
Bull- commit to a car payment, to drinking , to not committing
WE COMMIT TO WHAT”S EASY
Most people quit too soon
Pray for healing twice, ain’t healed, I GIVE UP
We can’t be quitters
You’ll find success where you find commitment
We are more than conquerors...
Death has been swallowed up in victory
Get a direction
Have some staying power