Summary: God lead me on the most incredibel journey as I fasted for forty days. I learned some valuable lessons along the way
Five Lessons Learned From My Forty Day Fast
1. Today I am finishing a forty day fast. When we started this stewardship campaign, I felt in my spirit that God was calling me to fast for forty days. I have never done anything like this. I have never desired to anything like this, but I just knew in my spirit that God was calling me to step out and take this journey with Him. I have not eaten any food for the past forty days at all. I have drunk a lot of water and a lot of juice. I have drunk a lot of warm water and tea but no food for forty days.
Enter Pizza man: “Excuse me, I have a pizza delivery. Is there a Mr. Di Yanni here?
Ps. Dave” “Oh yes, that’s for me!” Pizza man brings the pizza up on the stage, Ps. Dave pays him and he leaves.
Ps. Dave then open it up and says, “That is not delivery, that DeGorno’s!” Then he takes out a slice and eats it. “Wow that is good. I can’t tell you how much I wanted to eat a slice of pizza for the past forty days!”
2. All kidding aside, I want you all to know this has been the most incredible forty days of my entire life. I have never been so challenged. I have never prayed so much. I have never felt the presence of God as much in my entire life.
3. Today I would like to share with you some of the things that God has taught me these past forty days.
Spiritual warfare is real
1. The first lesson I have really learned is that spiritual warfare is real. As we attempt to grow spiritually, the enemy gets agitated and makes a more concerted effort to discourage and hinder us. During this forty day fast I have fought some of the most incredible spiritual battles of my life.
2. At the end of the first week, I had severe stomach pains. It got so bad I had to go to the emergency hospital. I ended up having my appendix taken out. Then the next week I was getting up in the night, a little dizzy with the meds I was taking and I slammed my head against the wall. I was back in the emergency room again! Now I have a reminder of my fast, a forty day scar! Then the next week I had a renter go ballistic on me. In the last 20 years I have had many renters and I have never had a renter problem like this. I actually had to contact a lawyer to start proceedings to take her to court if she did not stop harassing me with 15 and 20 telephone calls a day! Then the next week I wrote a letter to the newspaper about a situation that happened at the Reynoldsburg Home Coming Game. I complained that allowing a lesbian to be escorted by her girlfriend was totally inappropriate. Of course that got a bunch of homosexual, lesbians and a bunch of liberals who claim to be Christians raging mad at me. They wrote a bunch of mean-spirited and very judgmental letters to the newspapers and the school newspaper about my opinions. So much for diversity! I guess the diversity that liberals preach actually means that people should accept diversity so long as you are like them, but don’t dare speak out against them. I think that is also called censorship! Then had my car paint balled, I am not sure but I think it was some of the outraged students! Then last week my mother passed away. I truly felt I was being pushed to my limits.