Summary: This sermon attempts to answer Why we exist
Have you ever wondered why you were born?
Why God breathed life into your body?
Have you ever wondered what God has in store for your life ahead?
The fact of the matter is that 94% of people today are just enduring today while waiting for the future. But we must understand that ALL we have is today, because yesterday has gone and tomorrow never comes.
Jesus KNEW His cause for coming to the world.
John 18:37 “…To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice.”
THIS CAUSE, Jesus said did I come into this world…
What was this cause?
Jesus did not come to earth to maybe do something Big. He did not come to earth to hopefully change a world. Jesus did not die on the cross to one-day redeem man. It wasn’t a dream that He had, it wasn’t a plan, He did not gather His disciples together and cast His vision for the future. Jesus came to bring a cause.
What is a cause? Let me tell you by comparing it to a VISION:
You must understand something about CAUSES:
• A vision is personal, but a cause is bigger than any one person is
• People generally won’t die for a vision, but they die for a cause everyday around the world.
• Vision is something a person can possess, but a cause possesses the person.
• Vision leaves you with options. But a cause leaves you with no options
• You can ignore a vision but you can’t ignore a cause.
• Vision lasts for a lifetime, but a cause’s last forever.
• You can change a vision—but the cause never changes.
• A vision will generate excitement, but a cause generates power
Jesus said it was for ‘THIS CAUSE’ that I came into the World.
Jesus was born for a cause, that CAUSE was to restore this world back to God
In 1Timothy 1:15 we see Paul’s understanding of THIS CAUSE: 15 Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners— of whom I am the worst.
You and I also were born for a cause, and our connection to the world is that same cause, and it’s the cause of the King and of the Kingdom.
To bring forth CHANGE into our lives
To be move people into ACTION
To bring about Spiritual UNREST in the demonic world
To SAVE men and women
To ELIMINATE excuses for sin
1. Jesus came to CHANGE our direction
- One of the things to do when problems exist in our live is to change our course of direction
- Before Jesus came, people were satisfied with what the world had to offer, but since Jesus offers so much more, the people wanted to Change their course of direction
- To start fulfilling your PURPOSE in life, their must be a Change of direction
- In fact the word REPENT literally means to “change your direction, and to change your mind, and to change your course.”
- Jesus came to bring men and women to REPENTANCE
- Luke 5:32 I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.
- Just like Jesus part of our purpose here on earth is to CAUSE people to CHANGE their direction
2. Jesus came to move ordinary people into ACTION