Summary: For unto us a child is born
Isaiah 9:1-7 6 For unto us a child is born
1. This Delivery Is God's Solution - 9:1-5
1) The Distress - 1 Nevertheless the dimness shall not be such as was in her vexation, when at the first he lightly afflicted the land of Zebulun and the land of Naphtali, and afterward did more grievously afflict her by the way of the sea, beyond Jordan, in Galilee of the nations.
2) The Darkness - 2 The people that walked in darkness have seen a great light:
3) The Delight - Isaiah Speaks Of:- (a) The Great Radiance Coming - 2 they that dwell in the land of the shadow of death, upon them hath the light shined.
(b) The Great Rejoicing Coming - 3 Thou hast multiplied the nation, and not increased the joy: they joy before thee according to the joy in harvest, and as men rejoice when they divide the spoil.
(c) The Great Redemption Coming - 4 For thou hast broken the yoke of his burden, and the staff of his shoulder, the rod of his oppressor, as in the day of Midian.
2. This Deliverer Is God's Son - (1) The Gift of A Son - 6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: (a) The Honour - "for unto us"
(b) The Humanity - "a child is born"
(c) The Humility - "a Son is given"
(2) The Government of The Son - and the government shall be upon his shoulder:
(a) The Ruler - "and the government"
(b) The Responsibility - "will be upon His shoulder"
(3) The Grandeur of The Son - 6 and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.
(a) His Personality - "Wonderful"
(b) His Profession - "Counselor"
(c) His Power - "The Mighty God"
(d) His Permanence - "The Everlasting Father"
(e) His Preeminence - "The Prince of Peace"
(4) The Growth of The Son - 7 Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the LORD of hosts will perform this.
His Kingdom Is :-
(a) Unending - "of the increase of His government and peace there will be no end"
(b) Unmovable - "upon the throne of David and upon His kingdom"
(c) Unstoppable - "to order it and to establish it"
(d) Unaffected - "with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever"
(e) Unearthly - "the zeal of the LORD of hosts will perform this"
3. This Deliverance Is God's Salvation -
The zeal of the LORD of hosts will perform this
Isa 63:5 And I looked, and there was none to help; and I wondered that there was none to uphold: therefore mine own arm brought salvation unto me; and my fury, it upheld me