Summary: Student commissioning service to start out the new school year.
1. Friends – chose them wisely
A righteous man is cautious in friendship, but the way of the wicked leads them astray.
David & Jonathan (1 Sam. 23:16-18)
Daniel, Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego (Dan. 2:49; 3:12-30)
A. Friends that will go through the fire with you.
12My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you. 13Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends. 14You are my friends if you do what I command. (John 15:12-14)
B. Friends that are also friends with God
You adulterous people, don’t you know that friendship with the world is hatred toward God? Anyone who chooses to be a friend of the world becomes an enemy of God.
2. Fellowship – Stay involved in the programs provided by the church
*If the devil can’t make you bad, he’ll make you busy…
And let us not neglect our meeting together, as some people do, but encourage one another, especially now that the day of his return is drawing near. (Hebrews 10:25)
Our services and events are planned with you in mind.
Sports: volleyball on Tues.; basketball on Thurs.
Children: Hayride Sept. 14th, Ranger camp out Sept. 21st-23rd
Revolution Gathering on Wednesday nights
- Annex and gym open @ 6:00pm
- worship, games, the word are purposely planned
- finishing our series on The Perfect Storm (Preventing an Epidemic)
- September we are targeting our schools and teaching about evangelism
- SYATP, September 26th
- Reality Check, city youth rally, Sept. 26th – your life, your school, your destiny
- Activities: snack & yak, concerts, airsoft battles, bowling, fundraisers, YA, convention
3. Faith – Live it, share it!
James 2:26 “As the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without deeds is dead.”
Mark 16:15 “Go into all the world and preach the Good News to everyone.”
VIDEO: Taking the Plunge: The Swimmer
4. Family – Recharging station!
Ill: rechargeable batteries
Parents, your home needs to be a recharging station – a safe haven, a place of rest and encouragement.
- Pray for them! (out loud)
- Speak words of affirmation
- Challenge them to do their best!