Summary: To truly celebrate Easter we must appraising Calvary
Six systems of Sin
To truly celebrate Easter we must appraising Calvary
Rev 1:5 - And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,
· Object lesson – I chained myself to a chair and explained this represented to chains of sin. Jesus died on Calvary so that I could be free from these chains. They can no longer hold me down. How ever I still have to choose to walk away from the position of sin. And the works of Christ on Calvary not only freed me from the chains of sin it empowered me to have the character to walk away from sin.
o “That which I have been made free from I have been also empowered to walk away from.”
John 8:36 If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.
Nest week – Blatant & blameless
This week – Four rash systems of sin
Four rash systems of Sin:
1-Errors - Ignorance of what one should have know
· Heb 9:7 But into the second went the high priest alone once every year, not without blood, which he offered for himself, and for the errors of the people:
· Heb 9:14 How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?
o 2 Samuel 6:7 – Uzzah and the Ark
o Rash decisions
2-Transgressions - To cross a forbidden line
· -Heb 9:14 How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?
· 15 And for this cause he is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance.
o Joshua 7 – Achan keeping spoils
o Rash ambitions
3-Offence - Falling from where one should have stood upright
· Rom 5:15-18 For if by one man’s offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.) 18 Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.
o Ecclesiastics 10:4 - If the spirit of the ruler rise up against thee, leave not thy place; for yielding pacifieth great offences.
o Children of Israel wanted to quit
o Rash retreats
o It may seem a small thing but Christ had to die for it
4-Disobedience - To disobey a voice
· Romans 5:19 For as by one man’s disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.
o 1 Kings 13 – Man of God who obeyed by not going into the kings palace but disobeyed because a Prophet lied to him.
o Rash justification