Summary: 'Four Steps to Understand John 3:16'
'Four Steps to Understand John 3:16'
John 3:16 Is the most well know promise in the New Testament, here is 4 steps to best understand and what it contains in a nutshell.
John 3:16 (KJV) For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
I. The perfect motive is that God so loved the world.
A. Romans 5:8 (KJV) But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.
1. The glory of God, and, as our only means to glorifying Him, the salvation of human souls, is the real business of life. C.S. Lewis
II. The perfect gift is that God gave His only Son.
A. 1 John 5:12 He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life..
1. The only gift is a portion of yourself.
III. The only requirement is to believe in Him.
A. Acts 16:31 And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house. John 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
IV. The reward of faith is that you shall have eternal life.
A. 1 John 5:12 (KJV) He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life.
1. They that deny themselves for Christ shall enjoy themselves in Christ.
2. Earth for work, heaven for wages
This life for the battle, another for the crown
Time for employment, eternity for enjoyment.
3. "Understanding is the reward of faith. Therefore, seek not to understand that thou mayest believe, but believe that thou mayest understand." Augustine.