Summary: The following are fourteen errors to avoid that people often fall into when they succumb to the love of the world
Marks of Worldliness (I John 2:15,16)
Love not the world or the things that are in the world. For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes and the boastful pride of life is not of the Father but is of the world.
The following are fourteen errors to avoid that people often fall into when they succumb to the love of the world:
1. Pressures – Too many people give in to the pressures from without and within to conform to this world. Do not conform to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. (Rom. 12:2)
2. Problem fixations – It is common for people to think of the problem rather than the purpose that God has for allowing various difficulties to come in to our lives.
3. Prosperity – Many people wrongly think that if they can get enough money they will be shielded from the anxiety, hardships and problems that plague most people.
4. Program mentality – Some people falsely imagine that if they can just carry out a particular program they will be able to get by with acceptable behavior.
5. Poor Perspective – Many people settle for immature perspectives to their own hurt.
6. Poor Stigma – Too many people think that it is a terrible shame to lack what many people takes for granted such as two cars and a nice home.
7. Perfectionism – Some people are obsessed with getting things so perfect that they forget about God’s superior plan for their lives.
8. Persecution – Many people are unwilling to be persecuted for the sake of righteousness forgetting that there are great blessings there.
9. Personalization – Some people tend to take too many things personally and allow hurts to get them down, discouraged and distracted from what is best.
10. Politics – Some people become so wrapped up in gaining influence over other people forgetting that God is the one who convicts and sways the hearts of all.
11. Performance mentality – Some people erroneously think they must perform in a way that is pleasing to others in order to be acceptable.
12. Pyrrhic Victories – Some people are so focused on winning the battle that they lose the greater war.
13. Persons – Some people are so focused on certain people that they take their eyes off of Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith.
14. Priorities – Some people suffer from wrong priorities failing to seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness.
Through The Storm
I did not know His love before,
the way I know it now.
I could not see my need for Him,
my pride would not allow.
I had it all, without a care,
the "Self-Sufficient" lie.
My path was smooth, my sea was still,
not a cloud was in my sky.
I thought I knew His love for me,
I thought I’d seen His grace,
I thought I did not need to grow,
I thought I’d found my place.
But then the way grew rough and dark,
the storm clouds quickly rolled;
The waves began to rock my ship,
my anchor would not hold.
The ship that I had built myself
was made of foolish pride.
It fell apart and left me bare,
with nowhere else to hide.
I had no strength or faith to face