Summary: We are free to choose as we want, but be careful how and what we choose.
Genesis 2:15-17 3:1-7 You are free to Live how you want
1. The Freedoms in the Garden
A. They were free to eat whatever they want except from one tree
B. They were free from sickness, free from ageing, free of sin, free of emotional feelings such as hatred, jealousy, free of feeling vulnerable, free of fear , free of guilt they ran around naked children are like that Bristle one night in church came right down the middle of the church isle wearing nothing but a grin.
C. The greatest freedom they experienced was no death, `You must not eat fruit from the tree that is in the middle of the garden, and you must not touch it, or you will die.' "
2. God told Adam and Eve they were Free to eat of any tree except one
• , "You are free to eat from any tree in the garden; 17but you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil
A. God says you can't eat from one tree because it can Bring Harm example of children can't go farther than the fence line nor close to the road.
B. God says you can't eat from that tree You just have to Trust me but remember they were free to trust or not
C. God says you cannot eat of that certain tree because “when you eat of it you will surely die."
3. God gives Adam and Eve the consequences of their free will choice
A. The Tempter in this case the Crafty one 31Now the serpent was more crafty than any of the wild animals the LORD God had made. He said to the woman, "Did God really say, `You must not eat from any tree in the garden'?"
B. The Crafty One, The great deceiver, disguises the truth
• 4"You will not surely die," the serpent said to the woman. 5"For God knows that when you eat of it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil."
C. Consider the consequences of their free will choice to know good and evil
• They now encountered troubling emotions, and they realized they were naked; so they sewed fig leaves together and made coverings for themselves.
• They now had shame, fear, a sense of being vulnerable, and there was no un-biting once they had bitten
• The greatest consequence for their free will choice was now their relationship with God was Gone. Once God had walked with them 8Then the man and his wife heard the sound of the LORD God as he was walking in the garden in the cool of the day, and they hid from the LORD God
• The consequences of Disobedience now comes the freedom to survive on your own
• Adam now you have to work to earn a living for your family
• Eve you will bear children but it will be in pain
• Now it not just birth pains, but it is pain from worry when their little you will be concerned about their health and wellbeing, Just having kids around is a pain unless you’re a grand ma or papa, when they get older you will weary about their free will choice they make, they may break your heart and that is real pain,
• Your lives will run its course and then you will die
4. What does this account in Genesis teach us we are Free to Live How we want but there are consequences to what we choose.