Summary: There is no better gift to the saints than the friends given by God to us in this life. A simple outline to demonstrate this truth.
From the Desk of Toby Powers
Truth Baptist Church
Friends I Have Made Along The Way
This passage stated that God spoke to Moses in the Tabernacle of the Old Testament as a man speaketh to his friend. Now, I am most thankful that I have been blessed to make some friends along the way. There is nothing greater than a true friend. I thank God for my friends.
Intro: I have made many good friends along the way to be thankful for:
1. My Companion- (Wife) Gen. 2:24, Mark 10:9
2. My Comrades- (Preacher brethren) just as the Apostles had that sweet fellowship with each other we preachers today should as well.
1. True- Prov. 17:17
2. Profitable- Ecc. 4:9-10
3. Constant- Ruth, Jonathon, Elisha, Thomas (John 11:16), Precilla & Aquila (Rom. 16:3)
4. My Christ- He is a friend that sticketh closer than a brother.
He’s such a friend that he:
1. Forgave us- John 15:13-15
2. Filled us- with his Spirit
4. Been Faithful to Us- Matt 28:20, Heb 13:5
I want to be his friend as:
2. John “The Beloved”- John 13:23, 19:26-27
3. Lazarus- John 11:5, 35-36
Mark 14:50 “They all forsook him and fled.” He has been a dear friend to me; God help me to be a faithful friend to him.