Summary: He knows where we are, and in His time, He knows how to bring us out of our prisons and place us in the palace.
Pastor Allan Kircher
Shell Point Baptist Church
26 Jan 2014
FROM THE PRISON TO THE PALACE
• We last saw Joseph; he was languishing/Egyptian prison.
• he had broken no laws
In prison because he had:
• Done the right thing and honored God in his life.
• Refused the advances of a wicked woman.
When we last saw Joseph:
• He was in a place of hardship/still faithfully serving the Lord.
• He was a man who had his priorities in order.
Wherever Joseph was, he could be counted on to be faithful.
• Joseph interpreted Pharaoh’s chief butler dream….
• Asked/butler’s help in securing his release from prison
• butler was released from prison
• he immediately forgot all about Joseph
• Going/see/unseen hand of God at work in this man’s life
• going to see what the Lord did for Joseph
• He can do for you and me.
He knows where we are, and in His time, He knows how to bring us out of our prisons and place us in the palace.
Let’s join Joseph once again and notice the circumstances God used to move Joseph From The Prison To The Palace.
I. v. 1-14 JOSEPH AND PROVIDENCE
• anyone looking/life/Joseph
• Must have appeared/Lord had forgotten all about him.
• He/faithful servant/Lord, but he was in a prison
• Doing time/crime he had not committed.
• Only looked like God had forsaken him.
• God/working behind scenes/accomplish His eternal purposes.
God used three amazing turns of events to bring about Joseph’s release from prison.
A. v. 1a Providential Delays
• Joseph waited/prison “two full years”/after/butler/released
• Not told how long he was there before those events.
From 18 to 30…….young people…..
• Surrender your 20’s to serve the Lord/enormous way.
God used/long/grinding years/prison/teach Joseph patience and dependence.
• God placed Joseph/waiting room
• Left him/until some very valuable lessons had been learned.
• Taught Joseph/wait/Lord
• Trust the Lord, in spite of the situation at hand.
Have you ever experienced one of those waiting rooms in your life?
• time when/Lord seems/forgotten your address
• times/like your prayers are not being answered
• nothing is going like you planned
• Seems God is not interested in you or your need at all.
Providential delays are never easy, but they are designed to focus our faith and increase our dependence upon the Lord.
v. 1b-8 Providential Dreams
dreams caused Pharaoh much concern.
• V 8 tells us he was “troubled”
• word/idea of being “disturbed, or greatly distressed”.
• He called for his “wise men”.
• These men/supposed/communicate/Egyptian “gods”