Summary: This is the 6th sermon in the series "Fruit Producers".
Series: Fruit Producers [#6]
FRUIT OF GOODNESS
Galatians 5:22 says, “But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness…”
1. This may be the hardest fruit to preach on, because we use the word good so often.
2. Goodness is being full of virtue and excellence, kindness and helpfulness, peace and consideration. It means that a person is full of all good and he does all good.
3. It means...that the person has a good heart and good behavior; that they are good and do good; that they are a quality person.
1. God is full of goodness.
2. Here, John refers to God as being light (goodness) and that there is no darkness (evilness) in Him.
3. The song “God Is So Good” tries to relay the message that everything about God is good.
God’s Goodness In Us
1. A good person lives and treats everyone just as they should be treated.
2. They stand up and live for what is right and good and just. This means that goodness involves discipline and rebuke, correction and instruction as well as love and care, peace and conciliation.
3. A good person will not give license to evil, will not let evil run rampant.
1. Is the fruit of goodness evident in your life?
2. This fruit of the Spirit is an attractor.
3. Everyone likes to be around a person with this fruit.