Summary: OUR LEVEL OF RELATIONSHIP WITH GOD WILL DETERMINE THE LEVEL OF OUR FRUITFULNESS IN ALL AREAS AND AT THE END MAKE HEAVEN
From the previous sermon that dealt with Love, Forgiveness and Reconciliation, it was concluded that the situation of the lives of those not living in harmony or not having good mind towards others will remain unchanged until there is a change.
This is a universal truism, and it makes no difference whether it is a business relationship or a family relationship. When people know their roles, their responsibilities, their limitations and agree on the ground rules, everyone feels safe.
The first and most important relationship to build is our individual, personal relationship with God. Once that relationship is established, everything else will fall into place.
Some want the blessings of God; yet they are far from God.
They claim that they mercy of God will work things out for them, but refuse to do what is necessary
Mercy is free, but expensive e.g. our salvation was freely given to us, but being paid with somebody’s blood, which is Jesus’ blood.
A relationship and especially a husband and wife relationship, if it’s to be fruitful, both parties have a lot to do, especially in our relationship with God.
Let us see Psalm 128:1
• (Psalm 128:1) A Song of degrees. Blessed is every one that feareth the LORD; that walketh in his ways.
How can you be blessed or fruitful?
Joshua 1:8 “This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.”
Psalm 1:3 “And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper.”
• (Psalm 128:2) For thou shalt eat the labour of thine hands: happy shalt thou be, and it shall be well with thee. (Deut 28:4)
• (Psalm 128:3) Thy wife shall be as a fruitful vine by the sides of thine house: thy children like olive plants round about thy table i.e. the fruitfulness of the wife is by this verse dependent on the extent of the husband’s relationship with God.
• (Psalm 128:4) Behold, that thus shall the man be blessed that feareth the LORD.
• (Psalm 128:5) The LORD shall bless thee out of Zion: and thou shalt see the good of Jerusalem all the days of thy life.
• (Psalm 128:6) Yea, thou shalt see thy children's children, and peace upon Israel.