Summary: Funeral for a strong Christian lady.
She was a servant of God, faithful to God faithful to church and faith to family. For many years, Mildred was a cook at Glenwood School. She was a faithful member of Carr Memorial United Methodist UMC she was involved in many functions of the church the Bazzar and probably apple butter. Mildred enjoyed bowling, and watching sports. She enjoyed crocheting, quilting, knitting, playing cards and baking.
1. I was able to all that stuff because I made God my Shepherd Vs 1. The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.
• Mildred made a commitment to the Good Shepherd And the Good Shepherd made a commitment to Mildred. I live eternally now without want,God supplies
2. Mildred might share with us in that grasby voice “ my God has given me much greener pastures”.
• Life here has been good up and downs troubles and triumph,
• Now my life is for all eternity no troubled waters. You see children God gives comfort care and rest.He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.
3. Mildred might share that I thank God, that God redeemed me
• ii. “In Hebrew the words ‘restores my soul’ can mean ‘brings me to repentance’ (or conversion).” He restored my soul
• Not only did God redeem but The shepherd has been my guide. I have noticed I have not always had the best but the Shepherd guided me to what I needed. Consider this thought:
• The sheep didn’t need to know where the green pastures or still waters were; all they needed to know was where the shepherd was. The shepherd would guide the sheep to what they needed.
4. God has always been present in the midst of my struggles note
• " though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I will fear no evil" even going into this fearful place The presence of the shepherd banished the fear of evil.
5. As my life has gotten into old age, this feisty oh Girl needed some help my family has been there
• But no doubt I needed a leaning post, I needed a sturdy walking stick or even walker,
• “YES”oh lord your rod and staff they comfort me.
6. The psalmist shares that the " you prepare a table before me" and anointed my head with oil”
• Mildred believed "the table" suggested bounty “I always had enough”. Enough that she would share bounty apple pies with her neighbor Karen. The Lord prepared foresight and care
• “He anointed my head with oil” The Good Shepherd has healed many wounds for this “Fiesty Oh Girl”
7. Today all of you shall walk away from the entombment, the grave, You will soon walk away from the hurt,
• the tears, the sorrow of this day, and you walk away from this burial site.
• Although I am the one at the grave, the funeral, the entombment, I to, get to walk away from the grave, I walk away from no more pain, no more sorrow, no more tears, no more death.
• I walk away from the grave to a brand new dwelling God calls it a mansion I walk away from struggle to a land of no more sorrows.
• I walk away from this dwelling to dwell in MT. Zion the city of the living God.
• I walk away from these old roads, and I will walk on streets of gold and gates of pearl
• I walk away from the loneliness, the fears, the worries that night brings and now I go to an unclouded day for ever “There shall be no night there: They need no lamp nor light of the sun, for the Lord God gives them light. "
I walked away from a life without Jesus to a life with of walking with Jesus and this is what I get Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me All the days of my life; And I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever. Make God your Shepherd children this Fiesty Oh Girl did.