Summary: I have actually given the recipe for a fun-filled, happy 2013! Read, do them and enjoy!
Garments for New Year 2013
Blessings start unfolding as we make changes in our life!
Today we get to hear a lot of sermons on blessings, promises of God and so forth, but it is of paramount importance to also know how we could get them in our life. Is it not? I have actually given the recipe for a fun-filled, happy 2013! Read, do them and enjoy!
• Isaiah 1:16 “Wash you, make you clean; put away the evil of your doings from before mine eyes; cease to do evil;
• 17.Learn to do well; seek judgment, relieve the oppressed, judge the fatherless, plead for the widow.
• 18.though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.
In order to have a blessed and wonderful New year, we got to make some changes in our life, below I have talked about four kinds of garments that we got to wear in detail, please read and use it as preaching material as well:
A. Garments of humility
B. Garments of faith
C. Garments of salvation
D. Garments of Holiness
A. Garmnets of Humility:
1 Peter 5:5. Likewise, ye younger, submit yourselves unto the elder. Yea, all of you be subject one to another, and be clothed with humility: for God resisteth the proud, and giveth grace to the humble.
6. Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time:
Humility/faith of Roman Centurion:Mathew 8:8 “The centurion answered and said, Lord, I am not worthy that thou shouldest come under my roof: but speak the word only, and my servant shall be healed.
9. For I am a man under authority, having soldiers under me: and I say to this man, Go, and he goeth; and to another, Come, and he cometh; and to my servant, Do this, and he doeth it.
13. And Jesus said unto the centurion, Go thy way; and as thou hast believed, so be it done unto thee. And his servant was healed in the same hour.
Friend, observe the character of the Roman Centurion here: he loved his servant much as to plead Jesus to heal his servant; however when Jesus got ready to visit his home, he humbly tells Jesus that he was not worthy to accept the Messiah under his roof, instead he tells Jesus to just only ‘speak the Word!’ Man, this is awesome! Jesus not only saw his giant faith but also his deep humility and healed his servant that same hour! Check your heart for pride today! C’mon friends, dig deep for that toxic virus that might be destroying your career, marriage, relationships and progress! How do you react when you are corrected? Do you raise your hood like a snake and hiss? I am a senior here, I am a professional or nobody order me around………think …..and rectify your behavior in this New year.
I like the way Paul tells us to clothe ourselves with the Lord Jesus Christ: Romans 13:14 “Rather, clothe yourselves with the Lord Jesus Christ, and do not think about how to gratify the desires of the sinful nature.” This is no joke! It requires serious efforts to wear HIM ! Let go off that pride, ego and anger and start imitating Jesus this New Year! Are you listening?