Summary: How come a soul got saved? Because Phillip Got up, went, set beside, and guided some one to Christ .
“Get up, Go, Set Beside, and Guide” Acts 8:26-40
1. Phillip is told by an angel to Get Up 26Now an angel of the Lord said to Philip, " Arise” or Get Up, get ready
• “To Get Up” is making yourself available I am ready God for use
• Phillip has made himself available I am service Ready God
• It is important to be available for use for the kingdom of God
• Luke says,35"Be dressed ready for service and keep your lamps burning, 36like men waiting for their master to return from a wedding banquet, so that when he comes and knocks they can immediately open the door for him
2. Phillip is also told To Go Go south to the road--the desert road--that goes down from Jerusalem to Gaza." 27So he started out, and on his way he met an Ethiopian
• To go is saying Here I Am Isaiah Also I heard the voice of the Lord , saying , Whom shall I send , and who will go for us? Then said I, Here am I; send me. Isaiah 6
• To Go is saying “Here I am Lord, Is it I, Lord? I have heard You calling in the night. I will go Lord, if You lead me, I will hold Your people in my heart.
• To Go is doing what God says, James says it this way 1:22–25
But don't just listen to God's word. You must do what it says. then God will bless you for doing it.
3. Phillip “got up” and” went then Phillip also “set beside” he met an EthiopianD eunuch, , He was sitting in his chariot reading the book of Isaiah the prophet. 29The Spirit told Philip, "Go to that chariot and stay near it." 30Philip ran up to the chariot and heard the man reading Isaiah the prophet. "Do you understand what you are reading?" Philip asked. 31"How can I," he
said, "unless someone explains it to me?" So he invited Philip to come up and sit with him.
• Philipp ran to the Ethiopian and note he sat beside him To set beside means to nurture one
• Phillip was willing to set beside a foreigner one not likened to him at all. The temple held that these people were not allowed in the temple because according to ancient or Mosaic Law said a eunuch was not allowed in temple area. Deut 23:1 He that is wounded in the stones, or hath his privy member cut off , shall not enter into the congregation of the LORD .
• But Phillip despite the societal segregations still set beside Church we need to set beside the unaccepted, the rejected, the less fortunate ones, the homeless The cast out ones.
4. Phillip has been told “get up” “and go” “set beside” and then finally he “guides”.
• We guide by being givers of direction (directing others to Calvary) he (Jesus) was reading Isaiah 53:4Surely he took up our infirmities and carried our sorrows,
• We Guide by sharing the Track Jesus took for us 5But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities The sins of the world were upon him
• We Guide by sharing the route or way of salvation 6We all, like sheep, have gone astray7He was oppressed and afflicted, he was led like a lamb to the slaughter, For he bore the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors.