Summary: The World’s Culture has a way of becoming part of the Christian’s Life.
1. DISTRESS THAT WAS PERSONAL
A. Desperation – “I cried”
1. distress – tight spot that produces anguis/tribulation
2. cried – call out to a personw/expectation of response
B. Direction – ‘to the Lord
1. Not to my neighbor; not to my friend
2. YHWH – I am that I am – was, is and will be one
Psalms 18:6 (KJV)
In my distress I called upon the LORD, and cried unto my God:
Psalms 30:8 (KJV)
I cried to You, O LORD; and unto the LORD I made supplication.
Psalms 50:15 (KJV)
And call upon me in the day of trouble: I will deliver you, and you shall glorify me.
C. Declaration – ‘and he heard me’
1. Not a word of surprise – STRENGTH
2. God Hears those who pray in faith
Psalms 34:15 (KJV)
The eyes of the LORD are upon the righteous, and his ears are open unto their cry.
Psalms 34:17-18 (KJV)
The righteous cry, and the LORD hears, and delivers them out of all their troubles. 18 The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saves such as be of a contrite spirit.
2. DANGER THAT WAS POWERFUL
1. Ps. 120 - 134 Song or Degrees or Ascents
a. going to Jerusalem & worship God in Temple
2. Do not love Church of God- love the God of Church?
a. Boy Scout & never attend meeting?
b. Football player never attended practice?
1. Deliver – snatch out of dangers way;
a. If no deliver destruction will result
2. lying lips & deceitful tongue
C. Defection – Deliver my soul (being) from
Don’t Do it!
Defend the Absent
Don’t Encourage It!
Don’t Repeat It!
to anyone but God! Why drag anyone else into it??
3. DISCOMFORT THAT WAS PAINFUL
A. Don’t Belong Where I am v. 6
B. Don’t Understand the Language they speak vs. 7
Psalms 34:14 (KJV)
Depart from evil, and do good; seek peace, and pursue it.
Psalms 35:20 (KJV)
For they speak not peace: but they devise deceitful matters against them that are quiet in the land.
Matthew 5:9 - Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.
Hebrews 12:14 (KJV)
Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord: