Summary: Getting clear vision from the Lord takes preparation, clarification and above all else faith.
Getting Your Vision
Habakkuk 2:1 (HCSB)
I will stand at my guard post and station myself on the lookout tower. I will watch to see what He will say to me and what I should reply about my complaint.
- Ask God to give you clarity
- Position yourself to receive His vision
- In prayer
- In the Word
- Take a posture of expectation
- Pen in hand
- Ears open
- Mouth closed
Habakkuk 2:2 (HCSB)
The Lord answered me: Write down this vision; clearly inscribe it on tablets so one may easily read it.
Receiving God’s Vision
- Capture it
- Record every last detail
- Become memory independent
- Clarify it
- Could you articulate it to someone else?
- Meditate on it
- Share it
- Pass the vision on to those who need to hear it
- Repeat it regularly
Habakkuk 2:3 (HCSB)
For the vision is yet for the appointed time; it testifies about the end and will not lie. Though it delays, wait for it, since it will certainly come and not be late.
Don’t Get Impatient
- The vision may not fulfilled immediately
- The vision will be realized in God’s time
- Remember God is eternal
- Not bound by the constraints of time
- The vision will be fulfilled at exactly the right
- Determined by God’s perfect plan
Habakkuk 2:4-5 (HCSB)
Look, his ego is inflated; he is without integrity. But the righteous one will live by his faith. Moreover, wine betrays; an arrogant man is never at rest. He enlarges his appetite like Sheol, and like Death he is never satisfied. He gathers all the nations to himself; he collects all the peoples for himself.
Living by Faith
- The arrogant
- Take confidence in themselves alone
- Are never satisfied
- More is never enough
- The righteous
- Live by faith alone
- Place their confidence in God alone
Are You Seeing Clearly?
**Powerpoint available on request