Summary: What do you do when you are faced the reality of lack? God’s answer for us is not to worry. If we trust Him, He will show us how to face it.
People who know God will always be confident in facing life. They are secure because they know He will not abandon them in every situation. He wants us to live an abundant life. He promises to meet all our needs and He is able to meet them. All he wants from us is to trust Him and obey Him. Are you willing to let God take care of you in faith ?
let us understand that …
• God is the God of Covenant Relationship. He has chosen to do things for us within the bounds of the covenant that He has established through His son JESUS CHRIST ( Matt. 26:28; Heb. 12:24 ).
• Jehovah is the Covenant name of God. It means the ALL SUFFICIENT ONE. This truth gives us the assurance that He is able to do what He promise.
• Jehovah-Jireh means God is my Provider. This means that God will never fail to provide for us when we enter into a relationship with Him. That He will for every endeavor we will do and circumstance that we will face, God has already made provisions fro them, when done according to His purpose and will.
• When God promises to meet all our needs it doesn’t mean everything will be too easy and comfortable for us. In fact, there will be times that life could be difficult to handle and things we want to happen may be impossible to to take place. When these occur, it will be up to us to trust God or to panic in worry.
• God’s answer to our worry is not to Worry! He knows what He is doing and He is in Control. He knows everything we need and He is able to meet them. He is the Great Shepherd who knows how to deal with our needs (Psalms 23).
Winning Over Worry!
A. Seek God as our life and priority.
“Seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness and all of these things shall be given to you as well” - Matthew 6:33
“I know what is to be need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living plenty or in want. I can do everything through Him who gives me strength.” -Philippians 4:12-13
B. Surrender everything to God with the understanding that He loves us and He is in control .
Now listen, you who say, “ Today or tomorrow we will go to this or that city, spend a year there, carry on business and make money. Why you don’t even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? You are a mist that appears a little while and then vanishes. Instead, you ought to say, “if it is the Lord’s will, we will live and do this or that”
“Humble yourself therefore under God’s mighty hand, that He may lift you up in due time. Cast all your anxiety on Him because He cares for you” 1 Peter 5:6-7
C. Continue to do the things of God as we wait patiently for His time.
I am still confident of this: I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. Wait for the Lord; be strong an take heart and wait for the Lord”- Psalms 27:13-14
D. Hold on to the promises of God by prayerfully meditating and boldly declaring His Word.
Against all hope, Abraham in hope believe and so became the father of many nations, just as it had been said to him,” So shall you offspring be. Without weakening his faith...Yet he did waver through unbelief regarding the promise of God but was strengthened in his faith and gave glory to God. Being fully persuaded that God had the power to do what He has promised”