Summary: God’s design in the sabbath year release for all believers.
Introduction: Every year can be your Sabbath year of blessing. Lets look at what the Sabbaath year consists of.
I. The first thing we see is that it’s a year of rest.
Lev 25:4-7 ’but in the seventh year there shall be a sabbath of solemn rest for the land, a sabbath to the LORD. You shall neither sow your field nor prune your vineyard.
5 ’What grows of its own accord of your harvest you shall not reap, nor gather the grapes of your untended vine, for it is a year of rest for the land.
6 ’And the sabbath produce of the land shall be food for you: for you, your male and female servants, your hired man, and the stranger who dwells with you,
7 ’for your livestock and the beasts that are in your land-- all its produce shall be for food. (NKJ)
A. Seven is the number of Spiritual perfection.
1. God made the seventh day holy.
B. In the Sabbath year we see the attributes of God.
1. Provision, we reap without sowing.
2. Grace, benefit without effort.
3. Forgiveness, debts are canceled.
C. Heb 4:9-10 There remains therefore a rest for the people of God.
10 For he who has entered His rest has himself also ceased from his works as God did from His.
1. Resting in God does not mean no action, it means no anxiety.
2. We look to God’s efforts instead of our own.
3. This is God’s year to work miracles.
II. Second, it’s a year of release.
Deut 15:9 ’The seventh year, the year of release, is at hand.
Deut 15:12 "If your brother, a Hebrew man, or a Hebrew woman, is sold to you and serves you six years, then in the seventh year you shall let him go free from you. (NKJ)
A. This is a year of release from bondages.
1. Those who the devil has bound can be free.
2. Believers who listen to God will find deliverance
from their past.
B. Release from debt.
1. God desires us to be debt free.
2. God’s plan for you is to bless you.
C. Release from shame.
1. Our past failures no longer hold us back.
2. Our sins are forgiven and forgotten as far as God is concerned.
III. Third, it’s a year of restoration.
A. That which has been lost is returned.
10 Bring all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be food in My house, and try Me now in this," says the LORD of hosts, "If I will not open for you the windows of heaven and pour out for you such blessing that there will not be room enough to receive it.
11 "And I will rebuke the devourer for your sakes, so that he will not destroy the fruit of your ground, nor shall the vine fail to bear fruit for you in the field," says the LORD of hosts;
12 "And all nations will call you blessed, for you will be a delightful land," says the LORD of hosts.
1. Personal financial crises will be turned around.
2. Your business will begin to thrive again this year.
B. What the enemy has stolen will be restored.
1. Just like the children of Israel leaving Egypt, we will not leave empty handed.
2. Deut 15:13 "And when you send him away free from you, you shall not let him go away empty- handed;
14 "you shall supply him liberally from your flock, from your threshing floor, and from your winepress. From what the LORD has blessed you with, you shall give to him. (NKJ)