Summary: Fear paralyzes the work of God. We are all on a journey. No matter what fear is trying to control you, God has a plan to fix it. Power, love and a sound mind.
GOD HAS A PLAN TO FIX IT, FEAR…
By Wade Martin Hughes, Sr. Kyfingers@aol.com
GOD ALWAYS HAS A PLAN… NOTHING CATCHES GOD BY SURPRISE…
THE PREACHER’S NAME IS ELISHA.
Elisha was a faithful follower of ELIJAH. Life is a journey. Elisha followed Elijah many years and he was very faithful to God’s servant and to God…
1. * GILGAL. Ministry is a journey. Elisha first followed ELIJAH to GILGAL. Gilgal means rolling stone, not established, The first place of the journey. Elijah gave Elisha the chance to quit and turn back.
2. * BETHEL: Then Elisha’s journey turns and goes TO BETHEL… the house of God, prayer, devotions.
3. * JERICHO: You can’t fix problems and mature being shallow. Jericho means praise, worship, and to know God in a personal way.
4. *JORDON: The final place of ELIJAH’S LESSON is the Jordan. Jordan means death of self, self-sacrifice, to submit and to yield to the will of God.
So the MANTLE OF GOD WAS PASSED FROM ELIJAH TO ELISHA.
GOD CAN FIX IT… SO ELISHA RETURNS TO GILGAL, THE BEGINNING OF MINISTRY STARTS HERE. UNDERSTAND WHAT’S GOING ON… THERE IS A DEARTH IN THE LAND…
Dearth means famine, a shortage, not enough, famine, lack, failure. God takes care of his people in in drought and dearth. The Preacher’s school was full of new students and you know young people seem to always be hungry.
Someone had a brilliant idea, let us get the largest pot available and each person grab anything available and cook a pot of boiling pottage (soup.) All the preachers will eat the soup. So they started boiling (seething) the soup.
NOW WE HAVE DEEP TROUBLE, THOSE THAT ATE THE SOUP SSTARTED BENDING OVER IN PAIN?
2 Kings 4:38 And Elisha came again to Gilgal: and there was a dearth in the land; and the sons of the prophets were sitting before him: and he said unto his servant, Set on the great pot, and seethe pottage for the sons of the prophets. 39 And one went out into the field to gather herbs, and found a wild vine, and gathered thereof wild gourds his lap full, and came and shred them into the pot of pottage: for they knew them not. 40 So they poured out for the men to eat. And it came to pass, as they were eating of the pottage, that they cried out, and said, O thou man of God, there is death in the pot. And they could not eat thereof. 41 But he said, Then bring meal. And he cast it into the pot; and he said, Pour out for the people, that they may eat. And there was no harm in the pot.
THERE IS DEATH IN THE POT… NOW WE HAVE TWO PROBLEMS. THOSE THAT ATE THE SOUP ARE DEATHLY SICK AND THERE ARE A BUNCH OF OTHERS THAT ARE HUNGRY. GOD CAN FIX IT…
Seems in ignorance a young preacher found a bunch of wild gourds. Do we understand wild gourds are poisonous? Those that have full stomachs are going to die. The hungry preachers will die of starvation.
ELISHA TRUSTED GOD… GOD CAN FIX THIS… BRING ME MEAL… WOW? HOW WILL MEAL FIX THIS? I MIGHT UNDERSTAND MEAL CAN FIX THOSE THAT HAVE ALREAD ATE… HOW CAN IT HELP THOSE THAT HAVE ATE THE GOURD SOUP?
Elisha the preacher TRUSTED GOD… Can you imagine the headlines the next day: the Preachers school is closed, the students were poisoned? God had a fix. TRUST THE GOD OF THE FIX? How would you fix it?
HOW WILL WE FIX THE FEAR PROBLEM?
1. FEAR DOES HEART DAMAGE AND DRIVES UP YOUR BLOOD PRESSURE INTO THE DANGER AREAS.
2. FEAR WEAKENS THE IMMUNE SYSTEM.
3. FEAR KILLS REST, PEACE.
4. FEAR RELEASES ANXIETY, DEPRESSION AND PANIC. (attacks)
5. FEAR BRINGS DARK DEPRESSION AND GLOOM.
6. FEAR RELEASES PHOBIAS’.
7. FEAR BRINGS DREAD AND EACH DAY IS A PROBLEM.
8. FEAR KILLS CONFIDNECE.
9. FEAR DRAINS YOUR FRIENDSHIPS…
10. FEAR PARALYZES CONSTRUCTIVE USE OF CONFLICT.
11. FEAR MAKES US REACT IN NEGATIVE WAYS.
12. FEAR KILLS DIETS.
13. FEAR RELEASES GOSSIP AND A LOOSE TONGE.
14. FEAR ABSOLUTELY KILLS THANKFULNESS.
15. FEAR RELEASES A NEGATIVE ATTITUDE AND HURTS THE FAMILY.
GOD CAN FEAR THIS… HAVE FAITH IN GOD, COMPLETE TRUST AND SUBMISSION.
Mark 11:22 And Jesus answering saith unto them, Have faith in God.
Romans 5:1Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:
2 By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.
GOD CAN FIX YOURFEAR AND TURN IT TO FAITH. PAUL IS AN OLD PREACHER AND HE NEARS THE END OF HIS JOURNEY. PAUL IS TEACHING TIMOTHY SOME REAL LESSONS… GOD CAN FIX YOUR PROBLEMS, TRUST HIM.