Summary: Whatever makes a person feel life is not worth living physically, socially, spiritually, financially, academically, professionally is a reproach. Reproach Degrades, Shames, Blames, Embarrasses, Disgraces. But God Says - No More Reproach.
GOD HAS TAKEN AWAY MY REPROACH
1. Joshua 5: 2 At that time the Lord said to Joshua, “Make flint knives for yourself and circumcise the sons of Israel again the second time.” 3 So Joshua made flint knives for himself, and circumcised the sons of Israel at the hill of the foreskins. 4 And this is the reason why Joshua circumcised them: All the people who came out of Egypt who were males, all the men of war, had died in the wilderness on the way after they had come out of Egypt. 5 For all the people who came out had been circumcised, but all the people born in the wilderness, on the way as they came out of Egypt, had not been circumcised. 6 For the children of Israel walked forty years in the wilderness, till all the people who were men of war, who came out of Egypt, were consumed, because they did not obey the voice of the Lord - to whom the Lord swore that He would not show them the land which the Lord had sworn to their fathers that He would give us, “a land flowing with milk and honey.” 7 Then Joshua circumcised their sons whom He raised up in their place; for they were uncircumcised, because they had not been circumcised on the way. 8 So it was, when they had finished circumcising all the people that they stayed in their places in the camp till they were healed. 9 Then the Lord said to Joshua, “This day I have rolled away the reproach of Egypt from you.” Therefore the name of the place is called Gilgal to this day.
2. Colossians 2: 9 For in Christ all the fullness of the Godhead lives in bodily form, 10 and in Christ you have been brought to fullness. He is the head over every power and authority. 11 In him you were also circumcised with a circumcision not performed by human hands. Your whole self ruled by the flesh was put off when you were circumcised by Christ, 12 having been buried with him in baptism, in which you were also raised with him through your faith in the working of God, who raised him from the dead.
INTRODUCTION: GOD HAS TAKEN AWAY MY REPROACH
During Our Recent Trip To Israel, We Were At The Possible Site Of Gilgal - The place where God rolled away the prevailing reproach from the children of Israel. No More Reproach. It Is About 3 Miles From Jericho. Places And Names Do Have Significance In The Bible:
1. Bethel (House Of God): Expresses a desire to know God and be in His presence.
2. Jericho (Walk by faith): Excludes self-righteousness or personal strength from faith in God.
3. Jordan (Death & Resurrection): Crossing from the old life to the new life.
4. Bethlehem (Place Of Bread): Implies that we must live on God’s provisions.
5. Mt. Carmel (Fresh & Confrontation): Means we must confront the enemy & start afresh.
6. Gilgal (Place Of Separation): Disconnects & cleanses us from the flesh, the past & unto God.
In The Bible, Gilgal Was A Place Of Significant Events: Gilgal Was the 1st Place Israel Encamped After Crossing The Jordan. It also became the site where Saul later became king. At Gilgal Saul twice ignored God’s commands & Samuel informed him that God had rejected him as king. Gilgal is where David, after death of son Absalom, crossed the Jordan back to Jerusalem. The Prophets Hosea & Amos later rebuked Gilgal as a site of improper worship. It was a sacred site that became corrupted, but still important to Israel. Gilgal had a school of the prophets under Elisha. Was base camp for many battles of the Israelites against their enemies. Now, Gilgal is where circumcision was renewed. Where the Passover was kept. Where Manna ceased. Gilgal signifies God’s removal of Israel’s former disgrace before they could enter the Promised Land. What was this reproach that was so important that God had to deal with it before entrance?
WHAT IS A REPROACH?
Reproach Is Anything That Degrades, Shames, Blames, Embarrasses, Disgraces You. Sickness is a reproach. Failure is a reproach. Lack is a reproach. Disappointment is a reproach. Abandonment is a reproach. Whatever does not promote, enhance life but degrades & relegates it is a reproach. Whatever makes a person feel that life is no more worth living physically, socially, spiritually, financially, academically, professionally is a reproach. Whatever makes a person wish to die is a reproach. But God Says - No More Reproach. It is your season of rejoicing. The Journey Of 40 Days That Became 40 Years Has Finally Ended. You Are Now In Gilgal.
HOW DOES REPROACH COME?.
1. Israel Was In Slavery In Egypt For 430 Years.