Summary: the ability of God
Intro: years ago when I went to my first pastorate, most of my sermons were topical. I would go to strong’s concordance, find a word, look up all the times it was used in the bible, and preach on that topic. Most of the time I now like to preach textual sermons, taking entire portions of scripture and seeing how they apply for us today. But tonight, looking through strong’s concordance we find a power word for a great topic. The word is able—and tonight we shall see that God is Able…
God Is Able
1. Daniel 6;20-21—able to deliver you—Daniel was thrown in the lion’s den, King Darius asked if God had the ability to deliver. Daniel said, God is the deliverer, he has come and shut the mouth of the lions. Tonight you may be going through some struggles and feel that you are surrounded. But God is continually able to deliver thee. When you say continually, that means just like he has come through before, He will do it again. Whether you are in the lion’s den or in the fire, even if you are in the middle of a raging sea, He is continually able. No matter what situation you find yourself in, don’t worry if he can get you out or pull you through, because he is continually able. Deliver—when you can’t get out of anything, he can get you out. No door can block his coming, no wall can keep him from getting you through…
2. Romans 4:20-21—able to keep his word--he didn’t stagger at the promises of God through unbelief, but believed that he that promised was faithful to perform it.
God is not a man that he should lie—let God be true and every man a liar—Abraham believed God and it was credited to him as righteousness..
God is able to keep his word—if you get a promise from God hold on to it—it may tarry in it’s coming, but it will come—once he says it, it is completed—no worry, no fear, no doubt should enter in—that is the only thing that keeps people from entering into the promises of God
All his promises are yes and amen.. His word will not return void, it will accomplish what it sets out to do.
3. Ephesians 3:20—able to do more—
Exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think—
n he is able to do more for you than you could ever do for yourself
n he is able to do more than you can even ask for—above all you could even wish for—he has things reserved for you that are greater than your biggest imagination
n above—that is why he can do more—he is above it all—even though we might be looking through the clouds, he is high above, he knows the outcome before the beginning of the thing
n he has already informed legions of angels to encamp around you to insure your blessings from being stolen away by the enemy.
4. 2 Timothy 1:12—he is able to keep accurate records—
there are no viruses that can attack his heavenly records, they are signed and sealed in the blood—every good work shall receive his blessing—
if you send up prayers, he makes notes on them, and sends your miracle right on time.
Your labor is not in vain, whatsoever you sow to the spirit, of the spirit you shall reap everlasting..
He is Alpha and Omega, but has total recall—he doesn’t forget, he bottles up the tears, he writes down every time we mention his name in prayer, and even the smallest acts of love and kindness, he records in his heavenly notebook.
5. Hebrews 7:25—able to save you completely
To the uttermost--- one preacher said, he saved me from the gutter most to the uttermost..
He didn’t just barely save anyone—when he does a work he does it completely—you can have a blessed assurance—we can know that we know that we know that we’re saved..
The devil is the accuser of the brethren—all guilt and condemnation comes from the accuser—but we must not do spite to the spirit of grace
6. Jude 24-25--- able to keep us from falling—
From time to time people won’t surrender when they feel a tug from the spirit of God because they say, I am not strong enough, I know I can’t live the life—but Jesus can live the life through us—he can keep us from falling
We don’t have to live in defeat, there is power in the name of Jesus, there is power in the blood of Jesus—I have hid his word in my heart that I might not sin against him..
It’s not by might, it’s not by power, but by my spirit saith the Lord—We can’t win in our flesh, but he is able to give us power over sin, over the flesh,