Summary: God is not only great, He is good.
For the eyes of the LORD range throughout the earth to strengthen those whose hearts are fully committed to him… 2 Chronicles 16:9 a (NIV)
1- God exists! (Gen 1:1) [the Bible never argues this. Should we?]
2- According to the Bible (Rom. 1) creation speaks to me about God! (what does it say?)
1. Argument from Creation.
Scientists are faced with only three choices regarding the origin of the universe.
(1) Energy/matter is eternal. Clearly, from scientific evidence now available, matter is not eternal, = no option!
(2) Energy/matter is not eternal, but created itself out of nothing. The theory in “vogue” for several years among evolutionists. The problem with this theory however, is that it denies “the single, most fundamental law of nature.” While the Law of Energy Conservation states that neither energy nor matter can be created, the evolutionist takes the position that matter/energy were created - spontaneously from nothing. Which branch of science is mistaken here, fundamental physics or evolution???? [Thermodynamics -- 1. Conservation of energy (no new Energy) 2. Entropy]
(3) Energy/matter was created. The evolutionist is not about to admit a created universe, because that would imply a Creator, and in turn responsibility.
2. Argument from Intelligent Design.
3. Argument from the Moral Law.
3- Only “FOOLS” think otherwise (Ps. 14:1)
4- Ever ask yourself “what is God like”?
5- The Bible is the only reliable source of information to answer these questions. (who and what is he like)
Four awesome truths concerning God in 2 Chronicles 16:9.
1- God Is All-KNOWING, or Omniscient.
1. Only God knows the beginning to the end of all things. (Isa. 46:8-10; 44:6-8, 45:18-21)
2. I can never fully comprehend all that God is!!! (Rom. 11:33-36)
3. But - God fully understands all that I am!!!! (Heb. 4:13)
4. God knows what I think even before I think it! (Ps. 139:1-4)
2- God Is EVER-PRESENT, or Omnipresent.
1. David understood this to be true. (Ps. 139:5-12)
2. David must have taught his son Solomon. (1 Kings 8:27)
3. Listen to what God has to say for Himself. (Jer. 23:23-24 with Gen. 3:9)
3- God Is All-POWERFUL, or Omnipotent.
1. Is anything too hard for the Lord? (Gen. 18:14)
2. Jeremiah’s answer is NO! (Jer. 32:17-19)
3. When God purposes to do a thing no one can stop Him! (Isa 14:27, 43:13, Dan 4:34-35)
4. Everything is possible for God! (Mk. 10:27) [even salvation!]
4- God Is All-GOOD, or Omnibenevolent.
1. This is the most surprising!!!! (Jn. 3:16, Ps. 103:8-14, 145:8-9)
2. God is READY to “strengthen” those who will trust him!!!
God is an all-knowing, ever-present, all-powerful being and He loves his creation!
How will you escape such a God if you reject His offer of love??? (Heb. 2:3)